By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 version of Tomb Raider most definitive, both next-gen look better than PC version (confirmed)

ninetailschris said:

Any reason to believe kotaku.

Plus that really isn't possible. I mean have you seen a titan with i7 run the game? The framerate and physics only, I can't see that being possible. Plus the draw distance. Factually someone is going to have to show me this.

No matter how powerful your PC is, it's not going to render stuff that weren't even coded.

The Definitive Version includes many things that are just not on the PC version.

#dealwithit.

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:

Plus that really isn't possible. I mean have you seen a titan with i7 run the game? The framerate and physics only, I can't see that being possible. Plus the draw distance. Factually someone is going to have to show me this.

It is not about raw power... it is about enhancements in the game... they changed it for PS4/Xbone... it has more details, better lightning, sharper, better models, etc.

It is like you run a PS2 in a strong hardware vs a new game in a strong hardware... the PS2 game will never look better than the new version no matter how powerful is the hardware you are running it.

BTW I will give a chance for this game on PS4.

ive seen the comparison images the pc looked alot better. tbh

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Bruxel said:

What comparision? There are some specific parts that PC looks better but overall the game have a new and better look on PS4/Xbone.

There are some bullshit comparisons posted by some guys here too... innacurate.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
the neogaf thread is hilarious, pc fanatics acting like this is the end of the world.

Not a big deal... PC can and maybe will run it better and pretty but right now the code of the PC version is outdated... it is like to run a old game on PC compared to a new version on PS4.

I expect some patch to PC version in the future.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
ninetailschris said:

No matter how powerful your PC is, it's not going to render stuff that weren't even coded.

The Definitive Version includes many things that are just not on the PC version.

#dealwithit.

Exactly

The two games look different, though I still think that the PC version looks slightly better.

Now put the Definitive Edition on PC and the comparison will be no contest. Because right now everyone trying to compare two different games with unique coding. A 1:1 comparison isn't even possible.

Bruxel said:

If you mean this PC/PS4 comparison:

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01/24/tomb-raider-face-off-pc-vs-ps4/71343/

Then you have all been tricked. Those PC screenshots are 1200p native images downsampled to 1080p. Easy to count the edges on the top first PC pic, near the left of the image you can see an obvious edge with "steps" to count.

Not really fair and a bit dishonest from the author I think.

pezus said:
TheShape31 said:
The two games look different, though I still think that the PC version looks slightly better.

Now put the Definitive Edition on PC and the comparison will be no contest. Because right now everyone trying to compare two different games with unique coding. A 1:1 comparison isn't even possible.

Of course, no one is saying that the consoles are more powerful than PCs...just that this version looks better than the best version of the original release

I know this.  And I'm not saying that anyone else is saying this.  I just think that the only way to make a fair comparison is a PC vs. PS4 'Definitive Version' face-off.

I don't see the value in a $60 re-release of a remastered game from a year ago.  Especially since it's so arguable which version even looks better.

globalisateur said:
Bruxel said:

If you mean this PC/PS4 comparison:

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01/24/tomb-raider-face-off-pc-vs-ps4/71343/

Then you have all been tricked. Those PC screenshots are 1200p native images downsampled to 1080p. Easy to count the edges on the top first PC pic, near the left of the image you can see an obvious edge with "steps" to count.

Not really fair and a bit dishonest from the author I think.

it's completely fair, Since you can downsample on PC and can't on PS4. PC will have better possible AA if you have hardware that can do it.

but the PS4 version still looks better because of the lighting and foliage tweaks, and a lot of little tweaks that enhance the overall atmosphere imo. Lighting being the biggest change.

PC version has some advantages like 3D (if you're one of the ones that do that thing), Higher Possible FPS, and better AA. But the better lighting trumps everything imo.