By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardware does matter! (hear me out)

ibrahim said:
why do you buy a console if hardware matters?

What PC can play halo, Uncharted, God of war, Destiny, MLB the show, Infamous, Drive club, Gran turismo, tales of xillia. and on and on.........

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
eyeofcore said:
You have some issues and complexes don't you?

It does not matter anymore... You can cry, scream, roll, jump all you want and it won't matter. Times has changed, look at 3DS, Vita and Smartphones, look how people are fine with that visuals and games. Heck... People were fine with Wii in 2006 even when no developer ever used all the potential that Wii had.

Stronger hardware means higher expectations in visuals and thus higher costs for developers thus higher chances of a developer going bankrupt and in 7th generation there was like over 100 developers going bankrupt.

Problem is not the hardware(tool/metal), it is the developer(blacksmith)... A good blacksmith will have a sharp(coding) and well balanced(optimizations) sword(engine). Look at Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, by specs it looks like that kind of visuals are impossible at a glance yet Capcom completely optimized engine for 3DS. Monster Hunter Tri, Tri Ultimate and 4 are examples that you could have a good open world game on 3DS.

If Vita was utilized properly then you would have a decent GTA game on it.

Also I have a questions... So a decade ago there were DirectX 11 a like feature set and effects?

Personally... I would have banned you for a week just that you cool yourself down since you have issues.

Wow man no need for the personal attacks.

Nothing personal... I would just suggest a ban for a week for that guy, but it won't happen and he will continue to make threads that would have been relevant a decade ago.

Anfebious said:
To me it doesn't matter. Enjoy your overpowered console, I am fine with my Wii U!

Overpowered? What about when games start utilising the consoles fully? then what? Will it be overpowered then?

The Wii got away with being weaker because it was innovative and the concept was intriguing. I don't feel like the Wii U was innovative as the Wii and the concept is only intriguing to a few such as myself.Nintendo made the mistake of being complacent with the hardware specs of the Wii U. Hopefully next gen, they can smash it out the ball park and be on par with the nextXbox/PS5.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Anfebious said:
To me it doesn't matter. Enjoy your overpowered console, I am fine with my Wii U!

WTF?? Over powered? It's got a good balance of power needed for a next gen system, and sales show they got it right......................

Mystro-Sama said:
Anfebious said:

Thats the Nintendo mentality... sigh.

I'd rather say their culture is to run consoles on two or three AA batteries. The WiiU gpu is certainly the most sophisticated gpu ever designed in 40nm technology if you wanted to run a gpu essentially with batteries. It worked with the Wii and the phrase "never change a winning team" didn't come true with the WiiU, probably much to the surprise of Nintendo. Now they have something which doesn't really appear much different than the Wii to soccer moms..

Around the Network

Of course hardware matters
if it didnt why did Nintendo bring out the SNES, they could of stuck with the NES until today

eyeofcore said:
You have some issues and complexes don't you?

It does not matter anymore... You can cry, scream, roll, jump all you want and it won't matter. Times has changed, look at 3DS, Vita and Smartphones, look how people are fine with that visuals and games. Heck... People were fine with Wii in 2006 even when no developer ever used all the potential that Wii had.

Stronger hardware means higher expectations in visuals and thus higher costs for developers thus higher chances of a developer going bankrupt and in 7th generation there was like over 100 developers going bankrupt.

Problem is not the hardware(tool/metal), it is the developer(blacksmith)... A good blacksmith will have a sharp(coding) and well balanced(optimizations) sword(engine). Look at Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, by specs it looks like that kind of visuals are impossible at a glance yet Capcom completely optimized engine for 3DS. Monster Hunter Tri, Tri Ultimate and 4 are examples that you could have a good open world game on 3DS.

If Vita was utilized properly then you would have a decent GTA game on it.

Also I have a questions... So a decade ago there were DirectX 11 a like feature set and effects?

Personally... I would have banned you for a week just that you cool yourself down since you have issues.

People were fine with Wii because it was a casual system. Casuals don't know what to expect. What would you prefer by the way? Being fine with something or knowing your getting the best thing possible or at close to it.

You wouldn't have to stress over optimizing and creating new engines for that purpose (which isn't cheap btw) if the hardware was up to scratch lol

I have issues because you know i'm right? xD   You know what. I'm clearly crazy lol

FlamingWeazel said:
Anfebious said:

WTF?? Over powered? It's got a good balance of power needed for a next gen system, and sales show they got it right......................

Sales just show a bunch of desperate people thinking that if they don't buy it now it will  be out of stock, and it is working... until people realize that ps4 will still be available until the end of its cicle

We reap what we sow

If hardware and specs didn't matter why are we not playing on Atari's or NEs's? It's obvius it does its crucial it drives gaming and software,.

160rmf said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Anfebious said:

Sales just show a bunch of desperate people thinking that if they don't buy it now it will  be out of stock, and it is working... until people realize that ps4 will still be available until the end of its cicle

What does that have to do with it selling so well?? It's not going to start selling badly. No one said anything about selling out, just sales..........