By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardware does matter! (hear me out)

Locking troll thread.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
g911turbo said:
FlamingWeazel said:
g911turbo said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Anfebious said:
To me it doesn't matter. Enjoy your overpowered console, I am fine with my Wii U!

Thats the Nintendo mentality... sigh.

You've been cultured.

But what you say is not necessarily true.  You think it's a BAD thing for a company to want to make money on each console sold vs lose money? 

Nintendo just posted losses again.......

WANT.  ATTEMPT.

I'm referring to the OP.  The Nintendo's and Apples of the world want to make hardware that they can make money on, not just software.

Using hardware as a loss leader is a cut throat model that can have bad side effects.  Look at the financial status of Sony during much of the PS3 era, certainly early.  Its a difficult model to maintain at times.  A much more IDEAL model is to find something that you can sell for profit from the get go.

Nah... The ps3 fail because Sony fucked up the launch completely (complete opposite of the ps4) in the same way Nintendo fucked up the Wii U's launch. They were coming off very successful systems and were over confident.

I believe these failures were necessary. It just shows them what happens when you get complacent.

OK, I agree.  But you're not even talking about what I just said.  I'm talking strictly price.   We are conditioned to think everything should be sold to us (at least in electronics) at break even or a loss.  The companies will make it up some other way.  Blah blah.  

I bet you, in hindsight, Sony wishes they could reprice the PS4 at 450 plus.  Price was too low since they are still in low supply.  

At 450, that extra 50 dollars yields x 4.2 million units = 210 MILLION DOLLARS in revenue. 

Mystro-Sama said:
the_dengle said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Which is pretty daft don't you think? How hard is it to hire a few professionals versed in HD developement to oversee their projects?

How many professionals? For how long? Consider the cost of expanding your teams to accomodate HD development.

Where would these professionals come from? Do you pay a lot to snag some highly experienced designers from other major companies, or find some cheaper professionals who might not do such high quality work? Would these professionals be used to designing in Nintendo's style?

Let's take a couple of guys who worked on Asura's Wrath, and assign them to help out with Mario 3D World. Yeah, that'll work out great. They're totally on the same page as us on the art style.

They said they wanted the hardcore audience back. And being so long out of the loop you think it's going to be cheap? These professionals would be wise investments since games would actually be released as opposed to having massive droughts like in 2013 which would still hurt sales in end.

the most multiplat titles arent for core gamers, they are for the COD-casuals...

nintendo can go for these people, but i dont want those people playing games with me. i dont wanna hear how good y mother was in bet last night from a 12 year old while playing mario kart...

they should go for the jrpg guys and the good old survival horror people. those people fit nicely to nintendo.

and the OP wrong. its all about the games. i fought in the bit wars, so long ago, sega was for the games and gave us some good fights. but those great guys are long gone...   sony was never into games, they make consoles as a system fpr 3rd partys to sell games, thats okay, i guess. i mean why not, its not bad that the 3rd partys and nintendo are in a race for the best games...

m$ is another case, they should have called the xbone microsoft puma, that would fit better. we will see those boxes arroundfor a long time. at the dentist...