By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardware does matter! (hear me out)

FlamingWeazel said:
Uabit said:

Then fuck consoles and everyone to the PC to play Full HD or even 4k and buy cheaper games in Steam Offers. Hardware doesn't matter, if not consoles would be dead long time ago

Whya re peopel buying ps4's then? Why not just play games on PS3?? The entire industry is driven by hardware saying it doesn;t matter is simply fantasy. Most of software sales were games that are on last gen...............

Because we won't have Infamous SS on ps3, won't have the order on ps3... I can list a lot of games here.. wanna play this game?....

Most antecipated games: Mario Kart 8 and Warlords of Draenor.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
Ponyless said:

And the OP said you're delusional if you enjoy games that don't take advantage of newest hardware. So again i'll ask, what do those games matter? If you think hardware is the only thing that drives games why aren't you playing on a triple titan set up just strictly playing games on a 4k res?

I never said it was only hardware dont put words in my mouth but the PC is a typical strawman argument. Hardware and software matter.

PC has a high cost of entry, many people simply dont have the knowledge to play games on PC and simply dont like playing games on them.

Lol can you at least read my posts? I never said that's what you meant, i said that's what the OP is turning the thread into. Why bring up those games when the OP thinks hardware is the only thing that matters

Mystro-Sama said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Same thing with the Wii U. I'm confident it will get stronger sales with the 2014 line up but do you think it be getting PS4/XO multiplats when it gets a larger install base? NOPE! Games like the Witcher 3 are 30 times bigger than the last game which is miles pass Wii U capabilites. You Wii U guys could be playing awesome multiplats in the future if Nintendo wasn't so cheap. Blame Nintendo. Don't defend them.

Its not really about Nintendo being cheap, its about their obsession to revolutionalize.

They can easily revolutionize with more powerful hardware.

The Wii U gamepad with next gen specs would have probably given them the edge over the competition.

That would have also probably put them out of business, you can't just put infinite resources into a console...

FlamingWeazel said:
Uabit said:

Then fuck consoles and everyone to the PC to play Full HD or even 4k and buy cheaper games in Steam Offers. Hardware doesn't matter, if not consoles would be dead long time ago

Whya re peopel buying ps4's then? Why not just play games on PS3?? The entire industry is driven by hardware saying it doesn;t matter is simply fantasy. Most of software sales were games that are on last gen...............

Because we're forced to lol, if i want to play Kingdom Hearts 3/ Final Fantasy 15 will i be able to do it on my PS3? Nope gotta get a PS4.

Corvo said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Corvo said:
FlamingWeazel said:
ibrahim said:
why do you buy a console if hardware matters?

What PC can play halo, Uncharted, God of war, Destiny, MLB the show, Infamous, Drive club, Gran turismo, tales of xillia. and on and on.........

He got a point, if you want hardware, just get a decent pc. PC > any console that think it is powerful. Hardware doest not matter, Software matters, you answered the question with hypocrisy . You just said '' soo , we have exclusives for ps4'', that just shows hardware does not matter, and software does....

LMAO no Consoles are cheap in comparison to PC and many simply don't want to play on PC or have the know how..........That logic makes no sense....Agsain ifg hardware didnt mattered why are we not playing on NES, Atari, Sega genesis?

Cannot believe people are arguing hardware doesnt matter lol.

rofl, you can build a decent pc, way better than ps4 by a good price. If you had the same ps4 exclusives games on PC, what would you choice? better graphics of course, PC. Making a comparison of this topic to NES,Atari , etc makes no sense...The fact is, software leads the hardware, in this case, software matters , not the hardware....

PS: God , try to write a decent english, I know we are on internet but it is just a pain to TRY to read you...

?? How many people know how to build a PC? Seriously you are reaching. The barrier is too high. there is also a technical barrier, many feel intimidated and dont know you need to update drivers, or are very tech saavy and keep your PC running well to play games. Then there is the m/k and comfotable factor of sitting at a desk or having to lug a big PC into your living room on the ZTV.

A PC to run next gen games is not cheap, see the thief requirements.

Around the Network
Corvo said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Uabit said:

Because we won't have Infamous SS on ps3, won't have the order on ps3... I can list a lot of games here.. wanna play this game?....

Those are not out yet, and most sales are for games on ps3.... because hardware matters.

Ponyless said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Ponyless said:

And the OP said you're delusional if you enjoy games that don't take advantage of newest hardware. So again i'll ask, what do those games matter? If you think hardware is the only thing that drives games why aren't you playing on a triple titan set up just strictly playing games on a 4k res?

I never said it was only hardware dont put words in my mouth but the PC is a typical strawman argument. Hardware and software matter.

PC has a high cost of entry, many people simply dont have the knowledge to play games on PC and simply dont like playing games on them.

Lol can you at least read my posts? I never said that's what you meant, i said that's what the OP is turning the thread into. Why bring up those games when the OP thinks hardware is the only thing that matters

You are twisting things OP never once said ONLY hardware matters.

FlamingWeazel said:
Corvo said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Corvo said:
FlamingWeazel said:
ibrahim said:
why do you buy a console if hardware matters?

What PC can play halo, Uncharted, God of war, Destiny, MLB the show, Infamous, Drive club, Gran turismo, tales of xillia. and on and on.........

He got a point, if you want hardware, just get a decent pc. PC > any console that think it is powerful. Hardware doest not matter, Software matters, you answered the question with hypocrisy . You just said '' soo , we have exclusives for ps4'', that just shows hardware does not matter, and software does....

LMAO no Consoles are cheap in comparison to PC and many simply don't want to play on PC or have the know how..........That logic makes no sense....Agsain ifg hardware didnt mattered why are we not playing on NES, Atari, Sega genesis?

Cannot believe people are arguing hardware doesnt matter lol.

rofl, you can build a decent pc, way better than ps4 by a good price. If you had the same ps4 exclusives games on PC, what would you choice? better graphics of course, PC. Making a comparison of this topic to NES,Atari , etc makes no sense...The fact is, software leads the hardware, in this case, software matters , not the hardware....

PS: God , try to write a decent english, I know we are on internet but it is just a pain to TRY to read you...

?? How many people know how to build a PC? Seriously you are reaching. The barrier is too high. there is also a technical barrier, many feel intimidated and dont know you need to update drivers, or are very tech saavy and keep your PC running well to play games. Then there is the m/k and comfotable factor of sitting at a desk or having to lug a big PC into your living room on the ZTV.

A PC to run next gen games is not cheap, see the thief requirements.

Now you missed the point of the topic. Read my last answer to you , then you will understand why software holds the hardware...

Most antecipated games: Mario Kart 8 and Warlords of Draenor.

Ponyless said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Uabit said:

Because we're forced to lol, if i want to play Kingdom Hearts 3/ Final Fantasy 15 will i be able to do it on my PS3? Nope gotta get a PS4.

4.6 million bought ps4 for games that don;t even have release dates??? LOL.

FlamingWeazel said:
Uabit said:

Why did PS2 being a lot less powerful than Gamecube/Xbox sell a lot more consoles? Or Wii being a lot less powerful than X360 and PS3? Innovation and specially games are what matters.

People Get's PS4 because they know soon games are going to stop coming out for PS3/X360 and PS4/Xone are going to have exclusive games. Games are what matters