By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs not cancelled for Wii U(Confirmed by Gamestop #Factual)

First Update; We've contacted GameStop stores in New York and Los Angeles that say that customers can still pre-order Watch Dogs for Wii U, leading to the possibility that the cancellation order our retail source told us about was not applicable nationally. Joystiq reports that the Italian branch of GameStop told them that the de-listing of a Wii U version of the game was an error and that "tomorrow the reservation[s] ofWatch Dogs will restart." We've not heard from GameStop U.S. yet, but will let you know if/when we do. / Second update; Good news, everyone! GameStop Italy and our U.S.-based source have both said that this was all a glitch in the system and that Watch Dogs is—or will soon be—available for pre-order for Wii U again in Italy and the U.S. Apologies for making everyone nervous about this and for not getting that all sorted prior to publishing the first time.  Source

Watch Dogs is back up on Gamestop Italia with three SKU's(special, vigilante,dedsec edition) Source

Nintendo Enthusiast staff members did their own detective work and come to conclusion that Wii U version of Watch Dogs is not cancelled, they got confirmation from Gamestop Italia and Amazon Italia that Watch Dogs for Wii U can still be pre-ordered. Source

VG24/7 also did their own detective work and came to conclusion that they can order Watch Dogs for Wii U at GAME and Shopto. Source

...Oops... Everyone panicked and all the drama for nothing. lol

So, as the story goes, mistakes happen, and this time it was GameStop who made it. Apparently a global system glitch caused the game to vanish from store computers, prompting the phone calls and cancelations of pre-orders. They are currently working on a solution to get the pre-orders back up. That is, Watch Dogs isn't going anywhere, and Ubisoft still has Nintendo's back. For now. This was confirmed to me after GameStop called me back to apologize about the pre-order situation and asking me if I wanted it to be moved back to the Wii U after it was fixed. I will call them later to confirm you can pre-order it again. - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/watch-dogs-all-but-canceled-for-wii-u-ubisoft-declines-to-comment#.UuLNgfso_Z4
So, as the story goes, mistakes happen, and this time it was GameStop who made it. Apparently a global system glitch caused the game to vanish from store computers, prompting the phone calls and cancelations of pre-orders. They are currently working on a solution to get the pre-orders back up. That is, Watch Dogs isn't going anywhere, and Ubisoft still has Nintendo's back. For now. This was confirmed to me after GameStop called me back to apologize about the pre-order situation and asking me if I wanted it to be moved back to the Wii U after it was fixed. I will call them later to confirm you can pre-order it again. - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/watch-dogs-all-but-canceled-for-wii-u-ubisoft-declines-to-comment#.UuLNgfso_Z4

Around the Network

Well, hopefully Wii U owners will notice that there are some other developers besides Nintendo. I guess this is about the biggest marketing campaign the Wii U version of this game will have.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
Well, hopefully Wii U owners will notice that there are some other developers besides Nintendo. I guess this is about the biggest marketing campaign the Wii U version of this game will have.

These rumors had a positive side effect for Ubisoft and Watch Dogs... Pre-orders rose because of these rumors.

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2014/01/watch-dogs-wii-u-pre-orders-rise-due-cancellation-rumors/

So much suspense. This proved how much 3rd party games "dont matter". Nice lesson for everyone.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

So now VGC uses hash-tags?

#thiswasobvious

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

i heard gamestop did the same thing with the last guardian a couple years ago

osed125 said:

So now VGC uses hash-tags?

#thiswasobvious

#Ohnothisistheend

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

animegaming said:
i heard gamestop did the same thing with the last guardian a couple years ago

Really? Anway... When is that game out? The Last Guardian...

We are waiting for it... Like... Forever.

I'm locking this thread as well since we already have a thread on the rumor and the later corrections by Gamestop.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176749

Signature goes here!

This game is going to suck on all systems.