By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 4.1 — Nintendo's number to remember

DmeisterJ probably has it right, but I still think that it should be noted just how close the outlandish predictions have gone. Nobody expected it to still be selling out this far into the year. While I think the prediction John Lucas made for 20mil by 08 fell a little short, it was still incredibly close. Going with this in mind, my prediction is 3.8 million per month.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

@ bigjon

Yeah, I agree 2.5 is probably where it is, meaning that Nintendo could sell upwards of 45 million this year.

4.1 ---- Then number that JL needs so that his prediction can be correct
That should be the title of this thread ... lol.

why is that 4.1 Million not 4 Million
you add that 0.1 just to make it looks scientific?

@ stclam

The .1 million is so that it can just make his prediction of sixty million in 08 if not it'd be 59.1 million by the end of the year, provided they sell all of their consoles.

The average age of a Nintendo gamer

I KID! I don't know how he came to the conclusion of that number, but it would defenitly be something if it came true.

Around the Network

I think I covered this subject in my expectations thread a while back, stating that Nintendo would indeed up production, but not to more than 2.2 million.
Also, notice how JL never makes predictions for 360 or PS3. Do you not care about the other platforms at all John?
I don't get it, claiming to be an all knowing and avid gamer, and you won't even acknowledge other platforms.

^ You mean initially right? By April 2009 it could easily be substantially higher than a mere 400k increase compared to now.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
^ You mean initially right? By April 2009 it could easily be substantially higher than a mere 400k increase compared to now.

Yes, of course. Then perhaps another up to 2.5, but I don't think that's likely either, not this year.

Mummelmann said:
I think I covered this subject in my expectations thread a while back, stating that Nintendo would indeed up production, but not to more than 2.2 million.
Also, notice how JL never makes predictions for 360 or PS3. Do you not care about the other platforms at all John?
I don't get it, claiming to be an all knowing and avid gamer, and you won't even acknowledge other platforms.

Actually I have. But they are bit more negative and I don't want to reiterate them over and over again to look like I'm spreading doom and gloom towards a console.

Do you really want me around here saying over and over that PS3 will not make it out of the year 2009 and Metal Gear Solid 4 will not go to the PS3?

Do you want me saying that Microsoft in the need to maintain traction for the 360 in 2008 will buy exclusives away from Sony to get an edge and that they will lowball PS3 with price cuts at crucial intervals when PS3 looks like it can gather momentum?

Do you want me saying that Microsoft will short circuit the 360's lifespan to make their next console before 2009 is up in order to keep up with the market after Wii has changed it for both competitors?

No, I can't be saying those kinds of predictions because all it would end up doing is spreading bad blood in the forum and we certainly don't need any more of that.

Besides predicting on Wii is fun.

I need to start making some DS predictions now that I got a system.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

^^^Maybe you should predict some, as you put it, "doom and gloom" for Nintendo.