By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 4.1 — Nintendo's number to remember

Who is the master?

Sho Nuff!

Shonuff: YEAH.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

I humbly relinquish my crown. You are hereby the new sole owner of "Most Outlandish Prediction On VGChartz". Truthfully the crown has been yours for some time but this can be considered the official crowning ceremony.

@issue at hand,

You sir have gone insane...I would consider 3m to be an outside shot but 4m? Unpossible I say.

To Each Man, Responsibility

^ Plz capitalize Most for consistency.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Sqrl said:
I humbly relinquish my crown. You are hereby the new sole owner of "Most Outlandish Prediction On VGChartz". Truthfully the crown has been yours for some time but this can be considered the official crowning ceremony.

@issue at hand,

You sir have gone insane...I would consider 3m to be an outside shot but 4m? Unpossible I say.

i think 4 mil i spossible but not in april

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

John Lucas lays awake at night... the ghostly form of Yamauchi-San appears before him whispering "4.1, 4.1".

Around the Network

4m monthly production is possible by April 2009, but that's TAME compared to what johnlucas' ACTUAL prediction is.

Four million one hundred thousand of Wiis produced worldwide per month from April 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009, Nintendo's 2009 fiscal year.

Four point one million per month is the number.

He predicts an AVERAGE of 4.1m/mo. from April 2008 to April 2009. Not 4.1m/mo production BY then, 4.1m/mo AVERAGE production up to then.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Keep in mind guys that it doesn't have to be 4.1m from April for JL to be right, but to average out to 4.1m/month over the course of the fiscal year.

However, that'd mean Nintendo would be making around 5-6m per month by the end of fiscal if they just bump it up to 2.5m initially.

I doubt anyone will find that a likelier scenario though...

Oh, I get it now. You need Nintendo to produce 4.1 million units per month. Right now the Wii is at 21.5, and by the end of march they should be at 23 mil, and you want them to produce another 37 mil this year (4.1*9=36.9 mil), so that you can reach your outlandish prediction. So your prediction is based off of nothing beside what you want it to be, no kind of indication that Nintendo would, or even could do that. Okay then, carry on.

2.5 million... no more. That is what they produce of the DS, I really doupt they would put production levels above that.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I almost feel special to be quoted by JL.

But it doesn't change how I stand on the topic.