By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Resident Evil 4 Finally Graces The PC At 60FPS!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/

PC version of Resident Evil 4 which was released alonside the Wii port, was the worst port of the game. It had no mouse support, terrible lighting and poorly optimized settings. THIS version however, is a straight port of the magnificent PS3/360 version with full mouse support and it runs at 60fps! It looks brilliant.

As someone who owns seven different copies of RE4, I'm psyched for this!

]

Around the Network
Vikki said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/

PC version of Resident Evil 4 which was released alonside the Wii port, was the worst port of the game. It had no mouse support, terrible lighting and poorly optimized settings. THIS version however, is a straight port of the magnificent PS3/360 version with full mouse support and it runs at 60fps! It looks brilliant.

As someone who owns seven different copies of RE4, I'm psyched for this!

Doubt my 1st generation I5 (430M) laptop will play this lol.  Otherwise I might just install steam and try it.  Doesn't look like they upgraded the textures at all, but still holds up pretty well for those looking to revisit (or dare I say, those who never played it).

Great RE.

--EDIT-- I meant to say they didn't upgrade the assets.  Obviously the textures are 1080 now, but I mean the whole garbage in garbage out principle.  Still looks good.

Yeah, but according to recent opinions 60fps is not all that important any more, welcome to this generation.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Yes! i can't wait to play it again on my pc!

The first port that came out for pc is not only the worst port of all RE4 games,it's one of the worst ports ever IMO!

Around the Network

I don't want to buy this game again... It's great though.

Gotta wait for that 90% off steam sale!

Lol, hurray 60 fps! Im sure that will certainly help you shoot the slow moving enemies as you stand in one place to shoot them!

Surely "it runs at X fps on PC" is a fallacy given the broad range of PC specs.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Surely "it runs at X fps on PC" is a fallacy given the broad range of PC specs.

Not to mention the existence of the "Low" setting at 640X480 resolution.

Love and tolerate.