By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why on rail shooters are dimished?

How much would you pay for a good on rail shooters?

The same i pay for any AAA title 17 35.42%

The same i pay for indie stuff 14 29.17%

Probably just trade off with someone 2 4.17%

I have no interest on games like these 15 31.25%

Total:48

I loved railshooters on Wii: HotD2-3-Overkill and Resident Evil Chronicles was amazing. Even Ghost Squad was OK. Hopefully it will be some new games like this for the WiiU...

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Because it's as linear as a game can possibly get.

But what's wrong with that?

Bit outdated concept but i love them, pokemon snap was my favourite

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

We still see them here and there... The Gunstringer, Fable: The Journey, and Child of Eden. I feel MS tried to revitalize the genre, but people didn't want them!

I think the new Rambo game is a rail shooter as well. I'm considering importing it. Rambo... <3

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I agree with the OP, on rails shooters shouldn't be dimished, they should be embiggened.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

When you were a kid, you liked the buzz you got from sniffing paper. You likec it because you didn't know any better. As you got older, you realized there were better alternatives and you were like "fuck paper! I'm sniffing cocaine!!" . You never looked back.

Yes. This is an intervention. Your mother and I are very worried about your drug habit. Also, your mother and I have been seeing each other.

In my eyes the key reason why niche genres are getting a bum rap compared to FPS and 3rd Person Adventures is that every game at retail, regardless of budget, is being sold for a blockbuster price.

If it was acceptable to sell a retail game for £20 instead of £45+ then I think we'd see a lot more of the niche genres still kicking around outside of indie games. And if the price was lower more people would be willing to spend on them.

Or to put it another way; you have £45 to spend on one game, do you pick the latest Assassin's Creed/ COD/ GTA or do you pick up a Wonderful 101/ Trauma Centre/ Crimson Dragoon? The vast majority would take the 'blockbuster'.

Now, if for the same outlay, you could pick up 2 'niche' titles OR one 'blockbuster', the niches would probably start to sell more copies. They still wouldn't hit COD levels; they're still niche at the end of the day, but I think they'd be a lot more successful.

The other issue is that publishers need to see 'success' as 'recouping costs' more than 'megabucks in profit'.

TBH, I think this may be where Nintendo is headed (we'll see this year); capturing the niche genres and allowing Sony and Microsoft to duke it out over whose framerate is marginally better in Call of Duty.

If It's good, normal price.

what does "dimished" mean?

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

There is not something in between?
60 U$ looks like too much
15-20 U$ looks like too cheap

I think I could pay 40 U$ easily for a decent one, for me to pay more it would have to be very special, several endings, different paths that actually affect the progression, good graphics. I liked the ones for the Wii, I had a blast with both Resident Evils and the Wiimote worked very good with those games, but I think I bought them at 40 each.