By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Responds To 'Games With Gold' Not Being As Good As 'Playstation Plus'

J_Allard said:
pezus said:
J_Allard said:
The games they have been giving out are a hell of a lot better than what PS+ gave out in the beginning. It took PS+ a long time before they really started giving out semi recent "AAA" games that people "care about". Also, as someone else pointed out already, there's a difference between what XBL does where you keep the games forever and what PS+ does where it's basically Netflix.

Give me a break.

We got 12 games/10 games (depending on where you live) in its first month...

US: 

Europe:

• Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  • Chime Super Deluxe
  • Darksiders
  • Renegade Ops
  • Outland
  • Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
  • inFamous 2
  • Motorstorm Apocalypse
  • LittleBigPlanet 2

Thats a cool pic of the Instant Game Collection, but why are you posting it as if it negates what I said? You do realize PS+ was around for almost 2 years before the Instant Game Collection was around, yes?

Hope that helped.

1 year.

Around the Network
WebmasterX said:
is clear. Psn games arerental , if not pay not paly. and Live games are yours forever.

So? Once you play a digital game why does it matter?  You still get to play the whole game. Also once you sub to plus why owould you not re-sub? it's worth it and it's mandatory for ps4. Rather rent games like infinite then 5-6 year od games you can buy for 1. You can't trade in digital so it's a useless argument.

Everyone knows plsu is a vastly better service, it's not even close. Even MS lknows it.

selnor1983 said:
BigT said:
Sweet on the One i get to KEEP my crappy 1990's game.

That doesnt make sense. It comes out Summer 2014. Meaning this time round games will still be £25/$40 brand new. So we will get launch games worth $40 in sumer absolutely free. And 2 per month. Or maybe 1 per month and 1 $15 Live title like Max The Curse Of the Brotherhood.

This time round imo Live Gold destroys PSN+ Rental service. As Xbox players are actually getting up to date free games. FREE.

Renting games that are recent and the quality of infinite then getting free old games you can buy for 2 bucks.. PS plus craps all over live gold games. Also why would your sub run out? Once you sub you just keep resubbing, plus is worth it alone and it's mandatory for ps4. You can't trade your digital games so being able to keep them if for some bizarre reason you decide to not sub, means squat. Especially when the quality of games on plsu destroy ms weak offerings.

FlamingWeazel said:
WebmasterX said:
is clear. Psn games arerental , if not pay not paly. and Live games are yours forever.

So? Once you play a digital game why does it matter?  You still get to play the whole game. Also once you sub to plus why owould you not re-sub? it's worth it and it's mandatory for ps4. Rather rent games like infinite then 5-6 year od games you can buy for 1. You can't trade in digital so it's a useless argument.

Everyone knoes plsu is a vastly better service, it's not even close. Even MS lknows it.

Why are you derailing this thread with your bad grammar.

Chris Hu said:
FlamingWeazel said:
WebmasterX said:

Everyone knoes plsu is a vastly better service, it's not even close. Even MS lknows it.

Why are you derailing this thread with your bad grammar.

How was my post derailing when it is exactly about the thread topic?? Your post though...reported.

Around the Network

I'm eager too see what MS has to offer in terms of free games on the X1, If it can match Ps+ Id jump at the opportunity

Chris Hu said:
mutantclown said:
selnor1983 said:
BigT said:
Sweet on the One i get to KEEP my crappy 1990's game.

That doesnt make sense. It comes out Summer 2014. Meaning this time round games will still be £25/$40 brand new. So we will get launch games worth $40 in sumer absolutely free. And 2 per month. Or maybe 1 per month and 1 $15 Live title like Max The Curse Of the Brotherhood.

This time round imo Live Gold destroys PSN+ Rental service. As Xbox players are actually getting up to date free games. FREE.

What's worth $40? The WHOLE XBONE LINEUP was at $40 on launch week and Black Friday, LMAO.

And you Xbox fans only see plus a rental service, but you dismiss THE DISCOUNTS. I got Tales of Xillia, a game from August 2013, Puppeteer a game from September, and Limbo also an awesome game, all for $20. Can you get a similar combo of awesome recent games for $20 on Xbox Live? LMAO, NO. Ni No Kuni, the RPG of the year was at $13.99, Deus Ex Director's Cut for $20, etc etc, Xbox Live can't even compare.

LOL Gold also comes with discounts on games.  Anyway there are constant sales on XBox Live and you don't even have to have Gold to get a good deal just recently bought Midnight Club: LA Complete edition for $3.74 also could have bought Bully Scholarship Edition for that price but passed since I already did everything in the game and have all the achievements for it. 

That's a 2008 game, LOL. So much FAIL in your reply is not even funny, smh.

Your are derailing it by posting something that is barely comprehensible.

The Complete Edition did not come out in 2008 your the one that fails.

Anyone who tries to argue that GwG is as good or better than PS+ is trying to support a stance that even MS admits is not true.