By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CVG: "Nintendo was dead to us very quickly" after the Wii U, says EA source

Before anything, the most important decision it needs to make is decide who, exactly, should be its target audience. What the Wii U demonstrated so effectively was that trying to entice both core and casual gamer fails to work on either.

"Nintendo was dead to us very quickly," one EA source told me when asked about why the publisher fell out with Nintendo so soon after committing to the system.

"It became a kids IP platform and we don't really make games for kids. That was pretty true across the other labels too. Even the Mass Effect title on Wii U, which was a solid effort, could never do big business, and EA like Activision is only focused on games that can be big franchises".

Candid words but helpful feedback. If Nintendo wants to entice the core gamer, it must summon meaningful support from the third party publishers who earn their crust with berserk and shouty war games.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/446277/blog/nintendo-must-reinvent-itself/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98068925&postcount=1

Around the Network

the real news here is that EA thought that the 60$ Mass Effect 3 WiiU port was a solid effort

...they mention Mass Effect? I mean, NFS is at least debatable but MASS EFFECT?

MohammadBadir said:
the real news here is that EA thought that the 60$ Mass Effect 3 WiiU port was a solid effort

And two days later, EA released Mass Effect collection for Ps3 and 360, which had all three Mass Effects plus DLC.

LOL, EA was just considered the worst gaming company of all time and they are trying to make excuse after the horrible version of Mass Effect 3 for wii U. Enough said

Most antecipated games: Mario Kart 8 and Warlords of Draenor.

Around the Network

"It became a kids IP platform and we don't really make games for kids."

LMFAO!!!

C-R-U-E-L

Oh well... Its not like their games are that playable on other platforms anyway... Maybe when they launch a game that's playable within the launch week/month, I can say I miss them

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Does this surprise anyone, EA pretty much started the conspiracy to destroy Nintendo when they refused to put origin on their platform, wasn't that confirmed on the net?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Battlefield is a thousand times more a kid game than SMB3DW or Wind Waker are, try again EA.

PlayStationLegend said:
"It became a kids IP platform and we don't really make games for kids."

LMFAO!!!

C-R-U-E-L

Lol so i assume before WiiU they didnt consider Nintendo consoles as a kids platform?.....

C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S