By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD - Xbox One YTD 2013: 4.8M retail games vs. 4.2M for PS4

Carl2291 said:

Haha! So you cant explain it. So predictable

The fact is this - No matter first party, second party or third party... More software was sold on Xbox One with less hardware sold and thus the Xbox One has a better attach ratio.

And I explained why

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Somini said:

You've already commented 7 times that you don't get it, why should i repost it again?

It's enough to let us know once that you don't understand. There is no need to post it over and over.

The fact is this - No matter first party, second party or third party... More software was sold on Xbox One with less hardware sold and thus the Xbox One has a better attach ratio.

The tweet just said that more third party software was released! Can't you read?

Your comments are so typical! When someone explains you say you don't get it and when they don't you say they can't.

Carl2291 said:
Somini said:

You've already commented 7 times that you don't get it, why should i repost it again?

It's enough to let us know once that you don't understand. There is no need to post it over and over.

The fact is this - No matter first party, second party or third party... More software was sold on Xbox One with less hardware sold and thus the Xbox One has a better attach ratio in terms of retail games.

Remember, the PS4 also has a lot of downloadable titles which include fl0w, Flower, Contrast, Resogun, Trine 2, etc. The problem is is that it's hard to track the amount sales of digital-only games.

kowenicki said:

Why does that matter?

Software is software.  A purchase is a purchase.

What you are saying is that the PS exclusives havent sold well for some reason.... thats usual these days.

But thats nothing to do with the attachment rate really.

I think you didn't get what happened here.

1) I did my comment about how the sales turned out 4.8m to Xbone vs. 4.2m (that's the subject of the thread I guess)

2) People got mad and started to say "whatmatter", "Idon'tunderstandyou", "youarecrying", etc.

3) I didn't discussed or anything about... just pointed my point is reasonable and true.

4) People got mad and started to say "whatmatter", "Idon'tunderstandyou", "youarecrying", etc.

5) My points holds.

6) Now you and others are saying 2 and 4 again.

Go back and looks at the post...

Ohhhhhh and I made another comment about other point.

1. Xbox userbase is more active than ps userbase.

Me: I don't think so...  and the digital? free games? how do you claim a userbase more active than other userbased without know what they are playing? Retail sold more on Xbone but that means a more active userbase? It is a possibility but I don't know... there are at least 8 free games to play on PS4 and others digital paid games... so I'm not sure about this point.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

I'm not crying or getting mad.  Stop with the hyperbole will you, you do it every time.

I am merely pointing out why what you said is irrelevant to the topic at hand of attachment rate

We agree on that it seems so thats that.  I'm done.

What I said is irrelevant to the topic? I commented just about the topic subject.

PS. I didn't said you are crying or getting mad... I just said people are getting mad and thinking ou saying that I'm crying or anything eles.

ethomaz said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6000930

After that you and others come to complain about that.

No. This was your post to bump the thread -

ethomaz said:

You guys need to see the truth.

Stating that people need to see some kind of truth.

I joined in after you tried arguing against what the OP was actually about (total SW sales) and argued against the console with more SW sold being the most active userbase... You said it was an issue -

ethomaz said:

Pavolink said:
And we are talking about sw in general, not just third party. Despite selling more hw, it sold less software, that just proves two things:

1. Xbox userbase is more active than ps userbase.

2. Xbox exclusives are bigger than ps ones.

2? Yes.

1? I don't think so... PS4 have way more free games to play and we don't know the digital sales too... Xbone sold 400k via digital... 5.2m overall... how much PS4 sold? What I see here is the exclusives selling better on Xbone and 3rd selling better on PS4.

PS. Yeap... numbers doesn't lie... the lack of it is the issue here.

After this, I asked you what the problem was and what you were arguing against. Why people needed to see some kind of "truth". I wanted to know the point. Why bump the thread? Why say people need to see some "truth"? What was the "issue" and why was it so important that the thread needed bumping? It just looks like youre trying to downplay the fact that more software was sold on Xbox One just because a lot of it was exclusive content.

Somini said:

The tweet just said that more third party software was released! Can't you read?

Your comments are so typical! When someone explains you say you don't get it and when they don't you say they can't.

See above.

@Carl2291

The topic is about this twitter:

If you enter and check the twitter like I do you will see another:

After I posted it and made my comments.

Why are you mad about that? Or other? I didn't said nothing wrong.

Interesting, so X1 has a higher attach rate. Perhaps its because more casuals are getting the PS4 and going with the hype whereas more hardcore gamers are buying the X1.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Interesting, so X1 has a higher attach rate. Perhaps its because more casuals are getting the PS4 and going with the hype whereas more hardcore gamers are buying the X1.

For me (saying for me because the guys are really pissed about nothing) the reason is other like I explaneid before.

Yes, Xbone sold more on retail than PS4... it is pretty clear but why?

Because Xbone had more retail exclusives (5 games) that sold together 1.5m units vs PS4 exclusives (2 games) that sold 600k together... 3rd-party games sold more on PS4.

So what that means? That the casuals / hardcore thinking is out of question right now... the real reason was because Xbone had more game at retail.

This is pretty clear.

I'm not denying the attach rate, sales or anything else.