By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD - Xbox One YTD 2013: 4.8M retail games vs. 4.2M for PS4

Pavolink said:
trixiemafia86 said:
Pavolink said:
ethomaz said:
Pavolink said:
Xbox is the brand with bigger sw rate since the first one. Wouldn't surprise me if this happens this generation too.

The attach rate was bigger bevause the three exclusives sold 1.5m vs 600k on PS4... 3rd-party games sold more on PS4.

And we are talking about sw in general, not just third party. Despite selling more hw, it sold less software, that just proves two things:

1. Xbox userbase is more active than ps userbase.

2. Xbox exclusives are bigger than ps ones.

It proves nothing yet lol..

Numbers don't lie. And yes, it proves a healthy xbox launch and a possible big attach rate as the two predecessors on the same brand. It also proves how people were willing to buy more first party games on xbox and that third party offerings on ps4 were more interesting to the userbase than the first party ones.

So launch software figures prove point 1 and 2. and are u speaking solely US or Worldwide regarding those points because PS4 has more SW sold i think.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
Pavolink said:

Numbers don't lie. And yes, it proves a healthy xbox launch and a possible big attach rate as the two predecessors on the same brand. It also proves how people were willing to buy more first party games on xbox and that third party offerings on ps4 were more interesting to the userbase than the first party ones.

So launch software figures prove point 1 and 2. and are u speaking solely US or Worldwide regarding those points because PS4 has more SW sold i think.

NPD, US.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
trixiemafia86 said:
Pavolink said:

NPD, US.

I think it has more to do with the extra retail games on xb1 compared to ps4. for third parties only, ps4 sold more. bear in mind the difference btw xb1 and ps4 in US is a few thousand.

but u are right so far though.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Carl2291 said:

All I see here is 4.8 Million games sold vs 4.2 Million games sold.

Better software sales. Better attach rate.

Im not even sure why youre trying to argue against this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6000930

ethomaz said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6000930

So what are you trying to argue?

4.8 Million is a bigger number than 4.2 Million.

Around the Network

Carl2291 said:

I was pretty clear in my post...

"The attach rate was bigger bevause the three exclusives sold 1.5m vs 600k on PS4... 3rd-party games sold more on PS4."

1st-party
Xbone: 1.5m (four or five games.. ~90k was the others two exclusives)
PS4: 600k (two games)

3rd-party
Xbone: 3.3m
PS4: 3.6m

BTW the attach rate for 3rd-party is equal or slightly better on PS4 (same number of games)... PS4 had lewss RETAIL exclusives... so the sales are lower... it is easy to understand.

ethomaz said:

Carl2291 said:

I was pretty clear in my post...

"The attach rate was bigger bevause the three exclusives sold 1.5m vs 600k on PS4... 3rd-party games sold more on PS4."

1st-party
Xbone: 1.5m (four or five games.. ~90k was the others two exclusives)
PS4: 600k (two games)

3rd-party
Xbone: 3.3m
PS4: 3.6m

BTW the attach rate for 3rd-party is equal or slightly better on PS4 (same number of games)... PS4 had lewss RETAIL exclusives... so the sales are lower... it is easy to understand.

That's all that needs to be said.  It's pretty easy to understand.

Xbox fans rushed out and gobbled up exclusives since they had a few at launch.  PS4 owners simply had less exclusives to purchase ( Resogun was free )  and the exclusive games that PS4 owners had (Killzone) probably have more of a replayability factor than ( Forza, Dead Rising, Ryse)  

This  will change once real legitimate software is released for both platforms. Especially as the PS4 will continue to pull away from the pack.

ethomaz said:

-snip-

Maybe I should make it more clear for you.

Carl2291 said:

Carl2291 said:
ethomaz said:

-snip-

Maybe I should make it more clear for you.

Carl2291 said:

Sorry? You guys ar agrguing about a FACT... what I posted is a fact and you guys didn't want to accept.

I don't have nothing to argue because I just explained what the numbers are showing.

kowenicki said:
Some serious spinning going on here. lol

It gets worse: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5980163