By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 4 Ultimate Edition Coming to Steam!

Tagged games:

Which version do you have or getting?

Steam 7 18.92%

PC DRM 1 2.70%

GameCube 13 35.14%

PS2 2 5.41%

PS3 5 13.51%

Xbox360 0 0%

Wii 8 21.62%

Total:36

Gamecube version is still the best version. The game was made with the Gamecube controller in mind, hence why they didn't use the second analog stick or the clicks on the analog sticks in the PS2/PS3/360 version. Also the reason why RE Revelations controls clunky with dual sticks on the HD port, because it mas made with the 3DS' single circle pad as a central game mechanic. RE4 would play nicely on the 3DS, it's single-analog movement and inventory would fit perfectly on the 3DS' circle pad and second touch screen.

Around the Network

No point in me getting the game. I have played the Wii version like 20 times already, I think that's enough so I'll pass.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Wow. capcom Re releasing RE4 again? Who saw that coming?

...Seriously? At this point I barely play my PS2 because fully half of my library for it has been ported to Steam. A few more, and I might as well sell not even own one.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Also known as Resident Evil 4 4

Around the Network

I have this game for every console, and I'm still gonna be getting this.

-- Lexus ♠

SubiyaCryolite said:
melbye said:

I assume it is a port of the PS3/360 HD-version

edit: Of course the true Ultimate Edition is the Wii-version because of the Wiiremote

Mouse and Keyboard says hi.

Normally I'd agree, but I think the Wii controls are well suited for RE4 in particular. Maybe it's because of the relatively few buttons necessary for RE4, making the keyboard less of a benefit than usual, or because the Wiimote feels more intimate than a mouse does, helping make the game feel tense.

That said, I've put this on my Steam Wishlist. Here's hoping this port is a good one.

Love and tolerate.