By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS4/Xbone GAP After Japan Release Will Be Over 3 Million. And You? (Over 500k in US before Titanfall Launch) - Results Out

Tagged games:

PS4/Xbone GAP After Japan Launch?

4.0m 229 30.90%

3.5m 47 6.34%

3.0m 120 16.19%

2.5m 197 26.59%

2.0m 85 11.47%

1.5m 12 1.62%

1.0m 15 2.02%

None 33 4.45%

Total:738
SnowPrince said:
People are predicting above 4M. How's that even possible. The japanese launch is in one month from now. They expect it to sell 3M more than the Xbone ?
I'm not doubting of the beast that is the PS4 but be reasonable, Japan don't receive consoles very well on launch day. I voted 2.5M

Wii U and VITA succeed to have a launch week above 300k (332k-VITA / 306k-Wii U)

Retailers Japanese said this is the highest preorders that they ever had so, we can think the PS4 can do at least 400-500k launch week.                                      Although PS4 will release 22nd so the charts will count only 1 day on sale !

That's pretty good for a launch !

After that, I'm sure the numbers will go down fast but the launch will be good, I guess

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
IsawYoshi said:

Norway? Sweden? Denmark? Iceland? Pretty much all of Africa? 

Right, so now I see the confusion. You are comparing one region (Japan) to small parts of another region (Europe). It won't sell many on the Isle of White either.

No, you don't. I'm saying that there is no reason for Microsoft to drop the console in Japan when it sells more there than most countries. All of the places I listed (save "Pretty much all of Africa," by which I meant almost every country in Africa) are countries. You listed an island. I advise you to look at where this conversation actually started, because it doesn't look like you know what I'm talking about.

Cause I ain't talking about regions. I'm talking about countries. I don't get what's so hard to understand here.

ArmGunar said:
SnowPrince said:
People are predicting above 4M. How's that even possible. The japanese launch is in one month from now. They expect it to sell 3M more than the Xbone ?
I'm not doubting of the beast that is the PS4 but be reasonable, Japan don't receive consoles very well on launch day. I voted 2.5M

Wii U and VITA succeed to have a launch week above 300k (332k-VITA / 306k-Wii U)

Retailers Japanese said this is the highest preorders that they ever had so, we can think the PS4 can do at least 400-500k launch week.                                      Although PS4 will release 22nd so the charts will count only 1 day on sale !

After that, I'm sure the numbers will go down fast but the launch will be good, I guess

I guess that's excluding PS2?

leyendax69 said:
ArmGunar said:
SnowPrince said:

"ever had" means that's including PS2.

Why would it be so hard to believe ? PS4 did a better launch than PS2 everywhere else in the world.

and the japanese market is not dead at all

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
leyendax69 said:
ArmGunar said:
SnowPrince said:

Why would it be so hard to believe ? PS4 did a better launch than PS2 everywhere else in the world.

I know what he said, but PS2 sold almost a million first week (or day) in Japan... You honestly think PS4 will top that? Japan is completely another story compared to rest of the world btw.

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
Aerys said:
leyendax69 said:
ArmGunar said:
SnowPrince said:

I know what he said, but PS2 sold almost a million first week (or day) in Japan... You honestly think PS4 will top that? Japan is completely another story compared to rest of the world btw.

PS2 sold 1M in two weeks ( only the first day was counted in media create weekly sales, then the 2nd week, it reached 1M)

I do think PS4 will have PS2 sales level.

900k-1M in 2 weeks if there is enough supply.

Japan is more and more influenced by the rest of the world, much more than before, even big western games sell very well in Japan nowadays. and the home console market is not dead.

Quote me on that.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
leyendax69 said:
Aerys said:
leyendax69 said:
ArmGunar said:
SnowPrince said:

PS2 sold 1M in two weeks ( only the first day was counted in media create weekly sales, then the 2nd week, it reached 1M)

I do think PS4 will have PS2 sales level.

900k-1M in 2 weeks if there is enough supply.

Japan is more and more influenced by the rest of the world, much more than before, even big western games sell very well in Japan nowadays. and the home console market is not dead.

Quote me on that.

I can't see it, but hope you're right.

WoW, current Gap 1,5... weekly gap average 60k for the next 4 weeks, let´s ignore the Titanfall Beta effect, than 900k Japan launch week we have... tan-tan-tan... 2.7mi gap!!!

Congratulation @ethomaz this is your 100th prediction to miss the target.

Dark_Feanor said:
WoW, current Gap 1,5... weekly gap average 60k for the next 4 weeks, let´s ignore the Titanfall Beta effect, than 900k Japan launch week we have... tan-tan-tan... 2.7mi gap!!!

Congratulation @ethomaz this is your 100th prediction to miss the target.

titanfall will be the most interessting launch since the xbox one / ps4 launch. I can't wait to see those numbers. the gameplay videos do absolutely nothing for me so I'm wondering what all the fuzz is about.

also I'm wondering if the fact that it is a online only game with 6vs6 (?) playercount going to hurt its sales in the dudebro audience.

When is PS4 even coming to Japan?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018