By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS4/Xbone GAP After Japan Release Will Be Over 3 Million. And You? (Over 500k in US before Titanfall Launch) - Results Out

Tagged games:

PS4/Xbone GAP After Japan Launch?

4.0m 229 30.90%

3.5m 47 6.34%

3.0m 120 16.19%

2.5m 197 26.59%

2.0m 85 11.47%

1.5m 12 1.62%

1.0m 15 2.02%

None 33 4.45%

Total:738
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Let me put it to you guys like this.

You're expecting the entire audience who has bought the Vita for the last two years to buy the PS4 in a matter of months.

Japan is handheld land and you expect the PS4 to do better than the Vita over there? After the massive hit PS3 took?

I dont see it. PS4s doesnt even have a killer app in terms of media functionality

Wouldn't the killer app then be that you can play PS4 games on the Vita?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
halil23 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
That sounds about right, I wonder what kind of japanese games we will see on the PS4, and it is safe to say the Xbox One will get no attention from japanese devs besides Namco, Konami and Capcom. Maybe SEGA, and, with them, Atlus... We will see.
As a Xbox One owner myself, I gottta say: the future looks bleak, nothing but dumb FPSs and Open World shallow Ubi games on the horizon

Surely you saw this coming that you could of avoid buying it?

What I thought back then was: It will probably lack exclusives, but, hey, the 360 had Tropico 4 and Alan Wake, things like that. But I use my Xbox One everyday, to workout before going to work (Xbox Fitness, Kickbox Fast Fix is my favorite).

But, as I recall, I wanted Dead Rising 3 and the PS4 was 2 thousand dollars here in Brazil, the Xbox One was made here, had warranty and it was only 1 thousand.

But I am disapointed at the lack of indies and no shows at the port dept, like TROPICO 5. That said, I don´t think the One will fail like the Dreamcast, because the console is actually super cool, but I do think MS gotta get some gamers on the board of directors because only FPSs and ultra generic games will NOT do it, nor for me or anyone.

And, I will buy the other consoles eventually.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

You're expecting the entire audience who has bought the Vita for the last two years to buy the PS4 in a matter of months.

Japan is handheld land and you expect the PS4 to do better than the Vita over there? After the massive hit PS3 took?

I dont see it. PS4s doesnt even have a killer app in terms of media functionality

I really feel like you should at least try to veil your trolling.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

I really feel like you should at least try to veil your trolling.

The Matrix was the PS2's killer app. Hard to top that when you console sells  23 million in a country like Japan. Next gen comes around and the PS3 struggles to hit 10 million.

I don't think Japan will add any more then 200-300k to the gap, but by the time Titanfall/InFamous release the gap should be 3 million. Titanfall could shrink that gap though.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Neogaf has decided that Next Gen gaming is going to crater hard.

Its dooomed

ethomaz said:

I will be surprised if PS4 didn't outsell Xbone close to 2:1 in January... over 1.5:1 is certain.

The gap will increase... neither US wants Xbone anymore... next week it will be below 40k in US.

New prophet?

I'm back...

Before NPD I had 60% of chance to my prediction come true... after NPD I'm all fired up... just a miracle in February can my prediction wrong.

ethomaz said:
I'm back...

Before NPD I had 60% of chance to my prediction come true... after NPD I'm all fired up... just a miracle in February can my prediction wrong.

Sorry, you are banned, but you were wrong nevertheless.

Twice.

Looks like you are going to be way off.