By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS4/Xbone GAP After Japan Release Will Be Over 3 Million. And You? (Over 500k in US before Titanfall Launch) - Results Out

Tagged games:

PS4/Xbone GAP After Japan Launch?

4.0m 229 30.90%

3.5m 47 6.34%

3.0m 120 16.19%

2.5m 197 26.59%

2.0m 85 11.47%

1.5m 12 1.62%

1.0m 15 2.02%

None 33 4.45%

Total:738

Though he's right about US gap

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:
I'm back...

Before NPD I had 60% of chance to my prediction come true... after NPD I'm all fired up... just a miracle in February can my prediction wrong.

Sorry, you are banned, but you were wrong nevertheless.

Twice.

You were wrong too and you're not anymore banned so I have the immense pleasure to remind you your own post on 19 January 2014:

Dark_Feanor said:
eFKac  said:

Now it's only two pics, but when a random guy says he hasn't seen PS4s on display you scream PROOF!!!! Jesus dude, why don't you go and investigate some other conspiracy.

My friend, I will tell you for the last time here.

Anedoctal evidence is anedoctal.

Don't you remember the week before Christmass? It was the same thing, after 2 weeks with low supply Sony had a big shippment of PS4 for the US. We have the same kind of reaction here. And on that case, there were more retailers with stock (Amazon, Walmart and BB) and the stock last longer.

What about the BlackFriday week? It was a doom and gloon because there were a much more XOne after that week and no PS4.

And, at the end of the day we had two NPD reports that showed that I was more close to the real figure than many of you here (and NeoGaf).

The fact that the PS4 has been sold out dosen't mean it's a very high demand. Is this that hard to understand? OR you won't be satisfied with next month NPD numbers again?

PS4 sold almost double than XB1 in US in january...Were you finally satisfied with january NPD numbers?

Aerys said:
Though he's right about US gap

Idk, looks like he's off by 200k unless there is some sales chart I am missing.

J_Allard said:

There are TWO more weeks of data before Titanfall launch plus Xbone is overtracked by ~150k in US... the gap will be over ~500k in US before Titanfall launch (maybe over ~100k or more but that doesn't matter).

Dark_Feanor said:

Twice.

Where am I wrong? Can you show to me?

- After Japan Launch means AFTER
- There are NPD and Sony/MS sales figures adjustments yet
- Xbone is overtracked by ~150k in US already

So 2.3m showing by VGC right now but can be 2.5m after adjustment or even more after NPD February or Sony/MS sales figures... I can be wrong but right now there are possibility to be close.

The other prediction I will be over easly.

The US gap is already 300k with two weeks os sales before Titanfall launch and Xbone overtracked by ~150k in US... so it will be close to 600k than 500k.

Around the Network

Dammit Sony to ship only ~350k to Japan... you needed to ship at least 500k.

ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

Twice.

Where am I wrong? Can you show to me?

- After Japan Launch means AFTER
- There are NPD and Sony/MS sales figures adjustments yet
- Xbone is overtracked by ~150k in US already

So 2.3m showing by VGC right now but can be 2.5m after adjustment or even more after NPD February or Sony/MS sales figures... I can be wrong but right now there are possibility to be close.

The other prediction I will be over easly.

The US gap is already 300k with two weeks os sales before Titanfall launch and Xbone overtracked by ~150k in US... so it will be close to 600k than 500k.

Oh, boy, I really missed your out of the a&$ numbers. So much fun in the weeks ahead.

500K is 33% off of your predition WW, and 200K is 40% USA.

It´s not shamefull being wrong, I was with USA January. You are brave doing it, please, don´t stop.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

There are TWO more weeks of data before Titanfall launch plus Xbone is overtracked by ~150k in US... the gap will be over ~500k in US before Titanfall launch (maybe over ~100k or more but that doesn't matter).

Oh my bad, i thought you were using real numbers. Not make believe.

J_Allard said:

I'm using real numbers... before Titanfall launch is exactly the sum of NPD November, December, January and February... right now PS4 is winning by ~300k.

If you choose VGC then you have to wait two more weeks and the adjustments because Xbone is ~150k overtracked in US right now.

This one I will beat easly... the final gap will be between 500-600k in US before Titanfall launch... the other I guess I will be wrong by 300-400k from the 3 million.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

I'm using real numbers... before Titanfall launch is exactly the sum of NPD November, December, January and February... right now PS4 is winning by ~300k.

If you choose VGC then you have to wait two more weeks and the adjustments because Xbone is ~150k overtracked in US right now.

This one I will beat easly... the final gap will be between 500-600k in US before Titanfall launch... the other I guess I will be wrong by 300-400k from the 3 million.

Please, enlight us about this "Xbone is ~150k overtracked in US right now".

Ok to use the NDP report for January when neither Sony nor MS disclaimed their sales, nor we know Sony last quarter shippment.

You have to decide when and with numbers you are giving your prediction. Or you are still waiting for the 90mi PS3´s by the end o 2013?