By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there a mammoth nintendo direct incoming?

Is there?

yes 139 66.19%

no 71 33.81%

Total:210

I don't care about footage of stuff I know is coming. I need some official release dates before I buy the console.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I sure hope so, we need release dates for the previously announced games (and they need to be in Q1/Q2 this year) and new games to be announced, for release later this year, with a couple of announcements for games coming 2015, again, "I sure hope so"

3DS Friend Code: 1177-7759-2058

Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - 3DS

I would expect one. Iwata is going to need to answer to investors about what the company is doing to turn things around, so they might as well reveal things in a fun way to fans just before that. That's why they did it last year at this time, and this year is almost more dire because losing money during Wii U launch was acceptable... this year is not.

I expect an ND probably this week where they will talk about release plans for the year, and possibly reveal a game or two, or other initiative to drive their business. What could be shown? I think some concrete X details (name, release, game style, online multiplayer). Mario Kart release date. Smash release window. More 3rd party partnerships. Something for the casual fan. And maybe a Zelda tease, such as a brief glimpse or concept art showing it won't be toon link... they are desperate for good press right now.

Every article on the Wii U and Nintendo right now is negative and focused on the sales failure. They need something to change the narrative. So I think they should show some footage from Zelda U (instead of waiting until E3) or drop a similar megaton that can get people talking in a good way about the system. Also, we need a release date for Mario Kart.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Better be awesome. Amazon just sliced the Premiums price to £180. We need more games and we need them NOW.

Argos has now drop their price to match that.. or was it the other way around?

Either way smaller retailers had been knocking them out at this price since last month. By early next year I would not be surprise if it drops to £99 in the UK and for that in euros in Europe.

Is there any chance that there may NOT even be a ND this month as Nintendo gather themselves for another round after the right hooks they have been taking?

Around the Network

Situation is critical for Nintendo at the moment. Iwata has lied to investors by telling them to expect massive operating profits and Wii U HW / SW sales despite trends indicating the total opposite for the past 2 quarters. He refuesd to change the forecasts. I said after the Q1 results of the current FY back in September, that things will get really heavy and tense, to the point that even disturbs could take place during the FY end results.

Iwata has lost it, almost totally (his credibility I mean and perhaps his sanity as well). He now is desperately trying to climb out of this hole and he's remaining calm, but that is not always good. Remaining calm and inactive when despair comes, is a sign of insanity or points at you giving up. Investors and customers want some ACTION, not the usual pathetic and sad words.

All this talk Iwata has been spewing since the forecasts were changed are really putting him on the edge of the abyss. There's bascially nothing he can do to revert the situation, so if he's still giving false confidence, there could even be some legal actions taking place against the company or even physical violence across the board.

He has to deliver something meaningful for the shortest of terms. No more long term lies. It's now or never. Things are not looking good.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

justinian said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Better be awesome. Amazon just sliced the Premiums price to £180. We need more games and we need them NOW.

Argos has now drop their price to match that.. or was it the other way around?

Either way smaller retailers had been knocking them out at this price since last month. By early next year I would not be surprise if it drops to £99 in the UK and for that in euros in Europe.

Is there any chance that there may NOT even be a ND this month as Nintendo gather themselves for another round after the right hooks they have been taking?

Uk and europe dont have the same prices, uk is much cheaper, buyed my wii u over amazon uk because it was 80 euros cheaper...

I think they have to announce something killer, even if they hadn't originally planned to; just to change the direction of the news articles.

I think the odds of an epic Nintendo Direct are probably increased by the fact that Hyrule Warriors was announced in the December direct, and was obviously an early proof of concept, pre-alpha build.

They need to reveal the release date for Mario Kart NOW!

IsawYoshi said:
BasilZero said:
I hope so.

We need a Ice climber 3DS game, Metroid WiiU game, Star Fox WiiU game, a Mother 3DS game, Pokemon 3rd gen remake for 3DS, a new pokemon IP (maybe the fighting one that was rumored) for WiiU, a new 3D mario game for WiiU, a new Mario game for 3DS, Majora's Mask 3D for 3DS, etc.

What's the deal about wanting Ice Climbers? The fun factor in the first game were lower than 0. It might get barable with good controls though.

Once you got the hang of the jumps, the game did get fun.

That first part just took a while.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.