By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there a mammoth nintendo direct incoming?

Is there?

yes 139 66.19%

no 71 33.81%

Total:210
zorg1000 said:
IsawYoshi said:
BasilZero said:
I hope so.

We need a Ice climber 3DS game, Metroid WiiU game, Star Fox WiiU game, a Mother 3DS game, Pokemon 3rd gen remake for 3DS, a new pokemon IP (maybe the fighting one that was rumored) for WiiU, a new 3D mario game for WiiU, a new Mario game for 3DS, Majora's Mask 3D for 3DS, etc.

What's the deal about wanting Ice Climbers? The fun factor in the first game were lower than 0. It might get barable with good controls though.

Icarus became a popular character because of Smash Bros so they gave him his first game In like 20 years and was absolutely nothing like the old ones.

Ice Climbers are reasonably popular characters so why not give them a reboot just like Kid Icarus?

Because... Kid Icarus was a pretty decent game about an angel fighting the forces of hell with a bow and arrow.

Ice Climbers was a game about two little eskimos jumping on ice blocks with horrible controls.

I fail to see how they can really reboot Ice Climbers in a way that makes sense.  If Nintendo genuinely comes up with a good idea for them, they should do it, but there's no point in reviving a franchise that was crappy to begin with just for the sake of reviving it.

Around the Network

A trademark was filed on January 15 by Square Enix for a game called Seeds of Salvation in the US. This is most likely a Dragon Quest game because this same trademark was made in Japan in November of last year along with Luminaries of the Legendary Line. Both of these titles use alliteration and DQ games in America are known for having titles like that. Could this mean that we are getting an official localization confirmation for DQX (Seeds of Salvation) in a new upcoming Nintendo Direct soon?!

LITTLE MAC

osed125 said:

Your sig is awesome!

Thanks man :D

LITTLE MAC

I just want more 3DS stuff, but i get the feeling they will become more and more Wii U related.

I reckon there will be, probably on Thursday.

I don't think it'll be as packed as last January's, but I do think we're going to see a lot of new stuff. (I'm counting SMT x FE and Yarn Yoshi as new, as we've really not seen anything on them).

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I hope so.

We need a Ice climber 3DS game, Metroid WiiU game, Star Fox WiiU game, a Mother 3DS game, Pokemon 3rd gen remake for 3DS, a new pokemon IP (maybe the fighting one that was rumored) for WiiU, a new 3D mario game for WiiU, a new Mario game for 3DS, Majora's Mask 3D for 3DS, etc.

I'm really hoping that a majora's mask remake is made for wii u and not 3ds.

waltz said:
son't get exited remember when they said they were going to make a huge announcement on the vgx's and then it was a failure so yeah don't get exited

Reggie was trolling.

I'd like to think that, after the Wii U sales dropped early in 2013, Iwata's first action was to establish an extensive lineup of new games in development... but of course, they can't announce the games that early. So I'm hoping there are some surprises in a ND this month, just in time to convince investors and gamers that it's not time to write off the Wii U.

Just about anything is possible, but I'd imagine that things being announced now would be games that are relatively quick to develop, games that can be expected relatively soon. Then, the longer-to-make games would be announced at E3 - Metroid, for instance. I'd also like to think that most of the studios that finished 3DS titles in 2012 and early 2013 will have been spending the intervening time developing for Wii U, as that's where Nintendo needs the most content.

Intelligent Systems has only made Game & Wario for Wii U (co-developed with SPD1), and are probably overseeing (but not developing) SMTxFE. With both Fire Emblem Awakening and Paper Mario Sticker Star having released a year ago, that leaves Intelligent Systems with nothing announced, despite having around 2-3 titles released every year or so. I'd like to think that Paper Mario U is lined up for 2014, since, not counting Mario Golf and Mario Kart (as they're sporting type games), there's no Mario set for 2014 as yet.

Better be awesome. Amazon just sliced the Premiums price to £180. We need more games and we need them NOW.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Metroid33slayer said:

We all remember the amazing nintendo direct that aired last year on the 23rd of january when pokemon x and y, mariokart 8, smash bros u, bayonetta 2, yoshi yarn, X, shin megami tensei x fire emblem and wind waker hd were all announced. The star of the show was monolith's X showing an amazing trailer that wowed all nintendo gemers. Maybe nintendo will do the same thing this year and present  essentially a mini e3 in january just like last year, i hope so and there is no doubt that nintendo needs to restore some faith in its followers.

They still haven't released most of the games they "promoted" in Jan of 2013, so I vote NO

I would think they need to first at least have release dates on those games shown last year, before they can start announcing anymore new games... and if they are busy still working on those previously announced games, how much bandwidth do they really got to have even more games in the pipeline that are ready to show?