By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW and SW Up 11th January 2014

fatslob-:O said:
KingofTrolls said:
fatslob-:O said:
I wonder what will happen in the next few consecutive weeks ...

Drops.

That much is obvious, however I was mostly thinking if PS4 is going to take the lead in the majority of the next consecutive weeks in comparison to the 3DS.

Nobody knows. I hope that PS4 will take the lead, but who know what will happen.

Around the Network

PS4 already approaching 3x that of the wii u userbase in UK?!

wii u seems pretty much dead in the UK. I'm sure more retailers will drop it or reduce its shop presence further.

Amazed at the PS4 success despite a lack of titles. Still feels like the ps4 has a few weeks at high numbers though.

Aerys said:

I dont think you know what hypocrisy means.

a successful handheld outselling( with Japan) a successful home console (without Japan) is expected, normal, there is no achievement here so there is not point in comparing them.

But a successful home console (without Japan) being out of stock everywherer and yet outselling a successful handheld ( with Japan), this is a huge achievement, the comparison is not made to downplay 3DS sales but to show the monster PS4 is, easy to understand no ?

Out of stock? Come to Brazil, there are lots and lots of PS4 tanking on shops here.

And despite of what conditions each device is facing right now, what I mean, and you don´t seem to have notice that, is the hypocrisy of some people here arguing that the 3ds can´t be compared to the PS4 like if it wasn´t a game device... but now that PS4 surpassed it for just one week people are making a lot of fuss about it . So when the 3ds sells better, they´re not comparable but when PS4 sells better they ARE comparable?...... yeah, it´s hypocrisy.

You may not know that, but all consoles are fighting for the same consumers money.

italo244 said:
Vita in US is DEPRESSIVE. But Sony dont do shit about it.

And there´s no real blockbuster game for it in the future for the western markets, maybe Fifa in Europe.... Sony needs to bring their franchises to Vita, but they don´t seem to care.

Rogerioandrade said:
Aerys said:

I dont think you know what hypocrisy means.

a successful handheld outselling( with Japan) a successful home console (without Japan) is expected, normal, there is no achievement here so there is not point in comparing them.

But a successful home console (without Japan) being out of stock everywherer and yet outselling a successful handheld ( with Japan), this is a huge achievement, the comparison is not made to downplay 3DS sales but to show the monster PS4 is, easy to understand no ?

Out of stock? Come to Brazil, there are lots and lots of PS4 tanking on shops here.

And despite of what conditions each device is facing right now, what I mean, and you don´t seem to have notice that, is the hypocrisy of some people here arguing that the 3ds can´t be compared to the PS4 like if it wasn´t a game device... but now that PS4 surpassed it for just one week people are making a lot of fuss about it . So when the 3ds sells better, they´re not comparable but when PS4 sells better they ARE comparable?...... yeah, it´s hypocrisy.

You may not know that, but all consoles are fighting for the same consumers money.

Did you even read what he said? The reason people are saying it's impressive and it's not comparable to 3DS is because they didn't think it would outsell it until it came out in Japan at least. Especially with stock shortages. I know Brazil probably doesn't have that problem because of the huge price, the rest of the world does. Just like he said, I don't think you understand what hypocrisy means in this situation.

Around the Network
veritaz said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Did you even read what he said? The reason people are saying it's impressive and it's not comparade to 3DS is because they didn't think it would outsell it until it came out in Japan at least. Especially with stock shortages. I know Brazil probably doesn't have that problem because of the huge price, the rest of the world does. Just like he said, I don't think you understand what hypocrisy means in this situation.

You didn´t get the point, just like him.

It doesn´t have nothing to do with specific device sales or the condition that those sales were met, it´s about the way people make comparisons. Until now, people said that PS4 and 3DS sales shouldn´t be compared for a lot of dumb reasons, but both are gaming devices at their own sake and both are inserted in the same market.  Now it seems that people just forget the differences they so fiercely defended just because their console of choice sold better on one week

Decept the 3ds as a gaming device just because someone´s only care about home consoles is hypocrisy.

Rogerioandrade said:
veritaz said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Did you even read what he said? The reason people are saying it's impressive and it's not comparade to 3DS is because they didn't think it would outsell it until it came out in Japan at least. Especially with stock shortages. I know Brazil probably doesn't have that problem because of the huge price, the rest of the world does. Just like he said, I don't think you understand what hypocrisy means in this situation.

You didn´t get the point, just like him.

It doesn´t have nothing to do with specific device sales or the condition that those sales were met, it´s about the way people make comparisons. Until now, people said that PS4 and 3DS sales shouldn´t be compared for a lot of dumb reasons, but both are gaming devices at their own sake and both are inserted in the same market.  Now it seems that people just forget the differences they so fiercely defended just because their console of choice sold better on one week

Decept the 3ds as a gaming device just because someone´s only care about home consoles is hypocrisy.

A lot of dumb reason.... yeah, this conversation is over. You have to many dumb reasons to back up any of your claims. You were proven wrong by calling out hypocricy when it had nothing to do with it.

Does anyone else think Nintendo need to drop the original Wii ASAP?

In EU its sales are pretty much on par with the Wii U.

Regarding DKC, it'll only boost hardware in Japan and the US and by nowhere near as much as people think. It'll do next to nothing in Europe.

About this week overall sales, meh, bad drop, considering it included the last few days before Epiphany and Orthodox Xmas. PS4 still good, but Sony should have shipped a little more in USA and a little fewer in EU, gone shopping yesterday and PS4 here was available everywhere (and it is online too) except at GameStop. Sony should also move its fat ass and do what it can to add 5k/week EU and 10k/week in NA (basically tripling the latter) to PSV sales. Ninty instead should push Wii U more in EU and Japan.

retroking1981 said:
Does anyone else think Nintendo need to drop the original Wii ASAP?

In EU its sales are pretty much on par with the Wii U.

Regarding DKC, it'll only boost hardware in Japan and the US and by nowhere near as much as people think. It'll do next to nothing in Europe.

A >220€ priced console wouldn't replace the sales of a 99€ (or lower, with special offer) one. Ninty would just lose sales for almost nothing.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Rogerioandrade said:
italo244 said:
Vita in US is DEPRESSIVE. But Sony dont do shit about it.

And there´s no real blockbuster game for it in the future for the western markets, maybe Fifa in Europe.... Sony needs to bring their franchises to Vita, but they don´t seem to care.

I know. Killzone should have been bundled in the holidays. It is a great game(with short single player campaing, but still awesome). Tearaway got bundled in Europe, and in fact it did good there.
Sony really don't seem to care, Vita owners(like me) should have been enjoying Infamous, God of War, Gran Turismo and many other Sony IPS