By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone else have MP shooters ruined for them by Titanfall alpha videos?

green_sky said:

Thanks for the detailed clarification. Call of Duty is indeed quite disliked by people who spend excessive amount of time on forums. Infact, that applies to quite a lot of big sellers. I mean in recent months, almost 30 million people bought GTA5 but looking around you would see that it fell off the face of forums faster than Wii Sports. Am going on a tangent here, seems like hardcore gamers generally don't like popular stuff. 

Wii Sport is still loved by the community!

Around the Network
Wright said:

Wii Sport is still loved by the community!

For sure, excellent game. 

green_sky said:
Jay520 said: Perhaps you should consider the context before drawing conclusions. I'll lay it out for you in case you missed it.

1. Imaginedvl stated that the Playstation fans in this thread were unexcited for Titanfall due to console exclusivity, rather than gameplay.
2. This implies that those specific Playstation fans do actually like the gameplay of Titanfall.
3. Imaginedvl said the gameplay was similar to CoD.
4. CoD is generally disliked on the internet; one of the reasons being the gameplay, not console exclusivity (obviously).
5. Therefore, because of 3 & 4, it's possible that those specific Playstation fans genuinely do not like the gameplay of Titanfall.
6. In conclusion, I have corrected Imaginedvl's earlier misconception.

Thanks for the detailed clarification. Call of Duty is indeed quite disliked by people who spend excessive amount of time on forums. Infact, that applies to quite a lot of big sellers. I mean in recent months, almost 30 million people bought GTA5 but looking around you would see that it fell off the face of forums faster than Wii Sports. Am going on a tangent here, seems like hardcore gamers generally don't like popular stuff. 

You get cool points on forums for hating on things like CoD, GTA, Nintendo, etc.

KylieDog said: In GTA5s case, it was a mediocre game with what is one of the worst multiplayer designs this gen.

Well, Kylie, you find a lot of games to be mediocre but why oh why this time i want to agree with you. Okay fine, i agree with you because of my bias against it. *shakes hand*

I am out of this thread. Let the discussion be focused on the topic. A topic that states that, how Titanfall will ruin the pleasure centres of multiplayer gamers forever. 

Looks like CoD with mechs and simplified Unreal Tournament or Quake movement to me...
Good, but nothing special. I might get it on PC, but I won't preorder it. I'll wait for reviews.

Around the Network
J_Allard said: You get cool points on forums for hating on things like CoD, GTA, Nintendo, etc.

You are right. I just hated on GTA in the previous post.  

Meh, I'm still having fun with Battlefield 4. I'll try Titanfall on the 360 when a demo comes out but right now I'm not feeling it. Still looks too similar to COD for me.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

green_sky said:
J_Allard said: You get cool points on forums for hating on things like CoD, GTA, Nintendo, etc.

You are right. I just hated on GTA in the previous post.  

+ 5 Cool Points.

So I've just watched some vids of it.
And seriously, what is so different about it to hype it that much? I really don't get it.

And no, I'm not saying this because it's not coming to ps4... I still wouldn't understand if it was.

Valerik said:
My only problem is that it relies on all those bots. It looks like it'll just end up being people farming easy bot kills then tearing things up in Titans. While that may be fun for awhile, I think it will get old pretty quickly for me. If they increased teams sizes of real players and got rid of the bots I'd be really tempted to get this on my PC.

If somoene is farming bots, then just kill then and stop them from farming bots.