By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Death Score 2 for 5, 2 for 4, and 1 for 1

I have quite a few consoles throughout my home.  5 x 360, 4 x PS3, and 1 x Wii...  I won't get into it, but, I like the convenience of just going where I want in the house and getting the interactive entertainment experience.

Late last year and early this year two of my five 360's failed (RRoD)...  By far my most used consoles are 360's.  They are playing music wherever I am in the house or when I am gaming so various ones are on approximately 30+ hours a week.  And now I am currently transferring my DVDs to my PC so that I can stream the video to my 360's via the network rather then inserting DVDs.

Two of my PS3's have failed in the last week (Both BD Players died)...  I don't have many BD discs and I also play PS3 exclusives on my PS3.  So they account for about 10 hours of time per week.

And my Wii kicked the bucket last November (Just wouldn't turn on)...  I play the Wii about 7 hours a week.

All consoles are kept in good air flow locations...  This generation, I do not seem to be having much luck.  What about you situation?

Around the Network

Wow. are you rich? can I borrow sum money.

On topic yes very unlucky. Two PS3's and a Wii. Unheard of.

Soriku said:
Send me a PS3 now.

OT: My PS1 is broke :( Won't turn on and loses picture sometimes.

Not a chance.  With blu-raying taking over I need the HD Format player of choice for the generation now.

My Wii does a few odd things... the black hole issue I wrote about awhile ago still happens. I had my Wii freeze twice today, once while loading No More Heroes and once while fighting my favorite NMH assassin so far DestroyMan. Thankfully the amount of fun out of my little white box far outweighs it's issue's LOL. I had way more issues with the PS2 and PS1 though... don't get me started on how poorly they were constructed...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

The only console to ever die on me was my Original DS and it was due to my tampering, the L button went out and I tried to repair it since I wouldn't be able to exchange it, and I accidentally broke off a piece that obviously made the system load past the initial screen.

Other then that I've had 3 NES's 2 SNES 1 GEN with a SEGA cd player, PS1, PS2, 2 N64's, a GC, about 6 Game boys (I got crazy into linking systems), 3 GBAs, 3 DSs, Wii, and 360 RRoD free thankfully... a few systems here and there not listed due to me not playing them much but my record on systems are nearly flawless.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Imthelegend said:
Wow. are you rich? can I borrow sum money.

On topic yes very unlucky. Two PS3's and a Wii. Unheard of.

I'm not rich.  I just don't spend on other things that most people spend on...

MaxwellGT2000 said:
The only console to ever die on me was my Original DS and it was due to my tampering, the L button went out and I tried to repair it since I wouldn't be able to exchange it, and I accidentally broke off a piece that obviously made the system load past the initial screen.

Other then that I've had 3 NES's 2 SNES 1 GEN with a SEGA cd player, PS1, PS2, 2 N64's, a GC, about 6 Game boys (I got crazy into linking systems), 3 GBAs, 3 DSs, Wii, and 360 RRoD free thankfully... a few systems here and there not listed due to me not playing them much but my record on systems are nearly flawless.

I managed to fry a Commodore Amiga 1000 when I was younger... I couldn't afford the 2000 which had more memory, but the Amiga 1000 loaded the boot up into an "inaccessible" memory area set aside for it.  A magazine had a little kit to use the memory as part of the regular RAM workings so I bought it and proceeded with the soldering exercise to install the kit...  Let's just say soldering is not my forte...  Fortunately, I knew a guy who was in the telecommunications industry that soldered a lot.  He fixed my "melt job" and finished the kit install properly adding about 200 K of RAM to my O/S!

Weird, your place sounds like some sort of death trap for these consoles.

wow, i guess you really are a hardcore gamer!

i salute you.

the Wii is an epidemic.

dayummm!! take better care! lol

My death toll: PSone

Still alive: My 2nd PS1 (slim version), PS2, PS3, 360, 3DO, Sega Game Gear, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP