By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Overhyped???

It's certainly overhyped when it's on Xbox 360 and PC too. I think people forgot that. The footage i saw looked fun but i'm bored of FPS now.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:

is on a decline though.

I heard only 20.000 people are playing Halo 4 online at any given moment while at the corresponding point in time 1 million was playing Halo Reach. It's not even in the top 10 of Xbox Live.

It's still a fairly big game but no longer a phenomenon and console mover. Titanfall will push down Halo even further.

"a fairly big game"

unbelievable.

A very big game then? Would that seem more correct?

Halo still a very big game but would no longer by most people be described as a phenomenon and big console mover like it was in the past. Halo is clearly not as important to MS in the current climate of several gigantic competing shooter franchises. Wuld that be more nuanced?

You know, you are both kind of right and wrong at the same time. 

First of all, any exclusive that can sell over 5 million is huge, and will move consoles.  I dont think that is really debatable.  Halo is still the core exclusive in microsofts first party approach.  A new halo game on new hardware would have tremendous affect on console sales.

of course, slimebeast is right that some of the halo thunder has been stripped away by call of duty and the like.  Halo isnt the definitive shooting game it once was, not because halo has declined, but because the market has grown and become more saturated.  So microsoft cant solely rely on halo to mOve consoles this next gen.  

Viltgance said:

Is it just me or does Titanfall seems to be way overhyped.   It looks like lost planet on steroids but with less players and bots.   Did Microsoft pay ign/gamespot a boatload of cash to try and hype it up?  Since when did mechs and parkour become the most innovating thing in the world?

It's possibly a good game, and looks interesting and appealing to me. However, I doubt it will live up to the expectations of some fans out there, who deem it as the "savior of XB1 against a PS4 domination, with its cheaper price tag, and positive publicity, before the momentum takes up"... No that's not it. Whether or not it is a great game, it is not a well established franchise, and hardly anybody but the hardcore gamers know about it.

It will surely cause some sort of temporary spike in XB1 sales, but it is nowhere near turning things around. However, if the current drought of games for PS4 continues, then the general plethora may change in favor of PS4. By then, hopefully, Sony will have paved the way with leading titles such as Driveclub etc...

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Yeah it is by xbox fans. I don't think the game will be huge like some are predicting.

I also think Destiny is gonna be overhyped by Sony fans since their platform has the exclusive stuff. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Any FPS is overhyped.
Can't wait for the genre to start fucking croaking already.

Around the Network

There is no such thing as too much hype, only too little.

only overhyped to the sony crowd.

MoHasanie said:

Yeah it is by xbox fans. I don't think the game will be huge like some are predicting.

I also think Destiny is gonna be overhyped by Sony fans since their platform has the exclusive stuff. 

overhyping it more since its bungie on their console after years of bashing them.  the irony

ethomaz said:

Digi30 said:

The textures are low res in the test version people are playing. Respawn said they are 25% of the final version. My guess is because its a 3 days test and last thing people wanna do is spend all day downloading a 30+gb game.

Ohhhh I understand... thanks... that's explain why I thought the graphics are terrible in footage... that and the bad offcreen cam.

That was the purpose of my "Lol ;)" because that guy's cam gives the game no justice.

It looks a good game if you like that kind of thing. FPS games don't appeal to me but for those that love them this looks like a winner.