By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Overhyped???

It looks like a soldid FPS but thats it. Sure it will do well between the 3 platforms. But after seeing the video I don't really care about it as much anymore. I guess it's good because life happened and cant swing my PC build just yet. So in away I'm glad a seen titan fall played and not scripted.

Around the Network

I'm interested in Titanfall, although I'm not as certain as others seem to be about its system selling prowess, because unlike the next Halo, I think a lot of people will still get the game on 360 or PC (the latter for which I'll be getting the game on). Had the game been a completely Xbox One-only exclusive, I'd have to agree with it being a powerful system seller, but as it is now, I'm doubtful.

I'm also unsure of how much of the Call of Duty fanbase it can attract, since many of the more recent CoD fans came to the series when it shifted towards the modern era (I don't think that every current CoD fan is into sci-fi shooters).

Don't you people know? Being exclusive automatically makes the games 100 times better. Look at the Armored Core franchise. Despite being great games, hardly anyone has every paid to them and the games generally get low scores.

The proof in all this is Mechassault. Despite how poor the game is, especially compared to Armored Core, the game received massive praise as an exclusive and had high review scores all around. With 32 scores it's sitting at an 87 on Metacritic.

Not a mech game, but just want to point out what being exclusive does to ratings. Perfect Dark Zero. Yet another horrible game and with a high review score.  75 scores and it's sitting at an 81.

*edit*

Unless it's a Sony game.  For some reason, review sites don't drop to their knees and virtually felate Sony every time they receive an exclusive.  Except Ni No Kuni.  They had to pick one of the worst Sony games to shower with praise. 

All the awards it's won, and the great feedback from people who tryd titanfall..... nah it's not overhyped

y2jarmyofficial said:
All the awards it's won, and the great feedback from people who tryd titanfall..... nah it's not overhyped

Yeah.  All the awards it won based off an E3 gameplay video.  Not awards that it has won based off people playing an actual finished product. 

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

Don't you people know? Being exclusive automatically makes the games 100 times better. Look at the Armored Core franchise. Despite being great games, hardly anyone has every paid to them and the games generally get low scores.

The proof in all this is Mechassault. Despite how poor the game is, especially compared to Armored Core, the game received massive praise as an exclusive and had high review scores all around. With 32 scores it's sitting at an 87 on Metacritic.

Not a mech game, but just want to point out what being exclusive does to ratings. Perfect Dark Zero. Yet another horrible game and with a high review score.  75 scores and it's sitting at an 81.

*edit*

Unless it's a Sony game.  For some reason, review sites don't drop to their knees and virtually felate Sony every time they receive an exclusive.  Except Ni No Kuni.  They had to pick one of the worst Sony games to shower with praise. 

Wow!! Lol There is a couple of things to shake your head in disagreement at in this post. Since it is all your opinion you are neither fully right or wrong. 

kupomogli said:
y2jarmyofficial said:

Yeah.  All the awards it won based off an E3 gameplay video.  Not awards that it has won based off people playing an actual finished product. 

No, the awards are based off of what we're playing and you're seeing right now, the unfinished build that they decided to release to the public. People played Titanfall at E3, Gamescom, Pax, Gamestop managers conference, and other places. 

It's overhyped if you're expecting a revolution but it's fine as an evolution to call of duty. The COD formula is getting old now.

TheSting said:

Wow!! Lol There is a couple of things to shake your head in disagreement at in this post. Since it is all your opinion you are neither fully right or wrong. 

So you liked Mechassault and Perfect Dark Zero?  And by that, I mean.  So you like games that are commonly referred to as bad games by even the Xbox community?

Its hilarious that we who have the Alpha have a completely different view than the people who just sit and watch leaked vids. I've said it many times, the people who have played it are excited for it, which gives excitement to the multiplayer fps fans.