By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Nintendo should go third party until they can make a good console

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
Wow, I feel pretty amazing right now. I am totally ahead of the curve. Going to add those quotes to my thread.

Great find, badgenome.

What thread?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Haha.. what is this idiot talking about? Nintendo did EXACTLY when Pachter suggested; made an "HD Wii" for the more core gamers. Doing what that clown suggests was Nintendo's mistake in the first place. Listening to him again will only compound Nintendo's problems right now. 

Fusioncode said:
He wants Nintendo to help their competitors? I... what?

So, I personally think Nintendo should just go third party and compete with the EAs and Activisions of the world. I disagree with the Pach (as most people should on just about everything that comes out of his mouth) it should be temporary BUT he may be on to something, follow me for a second here.

So, let's say Nintendo were to follow his advice. And Nintendo strats releasing games on other consoles or even the PC. How well do we reckon those games would sell? I say pretty darned well. In fact I'd say better than if they were on a Nintendo console at this point. Given a few years and a few well recepted game releases how much interest would then be created in a new Nintendo console that will then become (once again) the only console you can play those games on? Quite a bit I would venture to guess.

I think it is a novel idea which could really help get more people hooked on Mario and Zelda and in turn interest in a new and improved WiiU 2.

Conversely, it could just really blow up in Nintendo's face and ruin the company completely.

Metallicube said:

Haha.. what is this idiot talking about? Nintendo did EXACTLY when Pachter suggested; made an "HD Wii" for the more core gamers. Doing what that clown suggests was Nintendo's mistake in the first place. Listening to him again will only compound Nintendo's problems right now. 

that idiot said to do it years before they actually did it and he never suggested to bundle it with a stupidly bigcontroller no one wanted and he certainly didnt tell nintendo to price it much higher than the already HD twins. No one else to blame but nintendo

Hardware doesn't matter if they can't get the 3rd party support.

They need to first get that before even making stronger hardware otherwise what is the point?

They need deals signed in place first with detailed specs.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Metallicube said:

that idiot said to do it years before they actually did it and he never suggested to bundle it with a stupidly bigcontroller no one wanted and he certainly didnt tell nintendo to price it much higher than the already HD twins. No one else to blame but nintendo

beat me to the punch, some of these guys have selective memory for real.

Metallicube said:

So what where Nintendo to do than, go back to snes graphics for their next console? Da fuq

Let's be realistic here folks. There is no reason why it would be out to left field for Nintendo to create an eshop app for ios and android and allow games from every other system or handheld, prior to the Wii & DS to be played on those said systems.

Publishing games on Xbox One & PS4 is "lord forgive me" plain fucking stupid!!!!! Even if it sells along the lines of the GC it will eventually begin to turn a profit. GC still have  45 titles that sold over 1 million. Games like Mario, Smash, Zelda and MK were all in the 3-7 million range, which in turn makes them profitable. Hell, SMW3D will be around 1.7 mill this week on a console that has only sold 5.5 mill ltd (if we add the npd difference and whatever Nintendo moved last week).  

I think Patcher gets a little to ahead of himself at times (I just may have said the understatement of the year) and really needs to  think before speaking.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

So lets get this straight, the next installment of Metroid is on PS4, i buy a PS4, Nintendo make money by supporting their competitors. They then decide to make another console, i buy the next console to play the next installment of Zelda, they post losses and then decide to support PS5 until they make money again. I then have to purchase a PS5 to play the new Mario game.....my head hurts!!!
Makes sense Pachter you dick!!! Regardless of what happens, Nintendo will continue to support Wii U until the end of its lifecycle, they have more to lose by alienating their core fanbase.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Let's be realistic here folks. There is no reason why it would be out to left field for Nintendo to create an eshop app for ios and android and allow games from every other system or handheld, prior to the Wii & DS to be played on those said systems.

Publishing games on Xbox One & PS4 is "lord forgive me" plain fucking stupid!!!!! Even if it sells along the lines of the GC it will eventually begin to turn a profit. GC still have  45 titles that sold over 1 million. Games like Mario, Smash, Zelda and MK were all in the 3-7 million range, which in turn makes them profitable. Hell, SMW3D will be around 1.7 mill this week on a console that has only sold 5.5 mill ltd (if we add the npd difference and whatever Nintendo moved last week).  

I think Patcher gets a little to ahead of himself at times (I just may have said the understatement of the year) and really needs to  think before speaking.

Good sensible post mate, i agree that seeing out the Wii U lifecycle will eventually turn a profit or at worst break even. Their main IPs are guaranteed million sellers, which can generate decent profits. We have also seen that like the Gamecube, Wii U owners have a good tie in ratio with first party software.