By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo lowers forecast from 55 billion yen profit to 25 billion yen loss

Please understand

Around the Network

On the bright side, this probably means that they'll have an all out January direct again... They need something to try and boost investor confidence.

JWeinCom said:
On the bright side, this probably means that they'll have an all out January direct again... They need something to try and boost investor confidence.

That would be like putting a tiny bandage on a gun shot wound. 

This time I think real changes are coming in upper management. No way do investors stand for this. 

Soundwave said:
JWeinCom said:

That would be like putting a tiny bandage on a gun shot wound. 

This time I think real changes are coming in upper management. No way do investors stand for this. 

Not going to fix things, but as a gamer my main concern is seeing more games.

It's sad because Iwata is so likable personally, but damnit there is something rotten in Nintendo's culture that they can't ever seem to stay on top of things. They always get lazy and out of touch with the market and end up paying dearly for it, the difference with Yamauchi was that he was able to keep the company profitable during down stretches, but this is now two lost years of losses under Iwata. Unacceptable.

The worst thing about it is it's not like the Wii U launch should've been something Nintendo was dumb founded by. They had been taught a humbling lesson from the 3DS already, but they then just go ahead and screw up the Wii U launch as well despite promises that they had learned their lesson. 

Around the Network

Can't wait to see who gets fired after that investors meeting... I am looking at you Iwata... You can't "Please Understand" your way out of this one can you?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't know what to say quite frankly. I'm at a loss of words especially as the Yen is especially in their favor. Inventory markdown?

I'm glad I sold my stock at a profit, however Nintendo can simply not continue plunging its head in the sand and think everything will be fine. Their my favorite company out there; however, changes need to be made point blank.

I am very much looking forward to the Investor's meeting

It's ok as long as they have already paid for the development of Bayonetta 2

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

DD_Bwest said:
750million... thats alot of money.

how much did they have in the bank? lol

It was somewhere between 10 to 12 billion dollars last time I heard lol.

Devil_Survivor said:
DD_Bwest said:
750million... thats alot of money.

how much did they have in the bank? lol

It was somewhere between 10 to 12 billion dollars last time I heard lol.

man they are going to need it..  

here is an honest question to Wii-U owners.

If Nintendo pulled the plug on the wii-u to bring in something new and fresh(and powerful).  How would you take it?  would you support it and buy the new console? or would you be pissed about it?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz