By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Xbone > PS4 (Ethomaz Eating Crow)

DakonBlackblade said:
Where are the NPD numbers btw ?

Xbone: 908k
PS4: 864k

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Ty, it was actualy closer than I expectede, I was expecting Xbone to be 100k ahead at least.

But TEH SUPPLIEZ!!!!!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DakonBlackblade said:
ethomaz said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Ty, it was actualy closer than I expectede, I was expecting Xbone to be 100k ahead at least.

How so when its more expensive and public perception and what not?

Unless you expected gamers to buy consoles based on games and not the concept of the console, which unfortunately isn't the case. Because clearly all these PS4 buyers just HAD to play KZ: Shadowfall :P Not like there are any other FPS that are better or anything.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
ethomaz said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Unless you expected gamers to buy consoles based on games and not the concept of the console, which unfortunately isn't the case. Because clearly all these PS4 buyers just HAD to play KZ: Shadowfall :P Not like there are any other FPS that are better or anything.

Based on the fact that Ms is basically shipping every unit it manufactures to the USA and Sony isnt. With the PS4 Japanese release I think the MS lead will be bigger on the USA until demand for both consoles shrinks and them I expect to see PS4 winning.

Going by the games neither of them would sell the lauch line ups are horrendous for both, and the games coming in the next few months are few and kinda unexciting (save for Infamous Second Son and Titanfall - wich is unexciting to me since I hate FPS but I understand how it is a great game for others). Going by the games ppl should buy PS3s period, the console with the best 2014 line up by far.

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:
sales2099 said:

Based on the fact that Ms is basically shipping every unit it manufactures to the USA and Sony isnt. With the PS4 Japanese release I think the MS lead will be bigger on the USA until demand for both consoles shrinks and them I expect to see PS4 winning.

Going by the games neither of them would sell the lauch line ups are horrendous for both, and the games coming in the next few months are few and kinda unexciting (save for Infamous Second Son and Titanfall - wich is unexciting to me since I hate FPS but I understand how it is a great game for others). Going by the games ppl should buy PS3s period, the console with the best 2014 line up by far.

Now I wouldn't say "by far". I mean X1 has Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Quantum break, and the blockbusters Titanfall/Halo (off the top of my head). Dont think PS4 has any "blockbusters" (major front loaded sales, high buzz/marketing) coming out in 2014. Theres GT and Uncharted, but a 2014 PS4 release is unlikely.

Not saying X1 is going to be superior, but I wouldn't count it out so easily.

Poor Ethomaz.

He gets called "pathetic". He gets called "annoying". He gets told to "jump off a cliff".

Now he makes a thread to admit he was wrong about the predictions he constantly gets attacked for and in response he gets attacked, and from people who tell him he owes an apology no less. 

Well, you can't please everyone.

Please never change Ethomaz.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

sales2099 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
sales2099 said:

Now I wouldn't say "by far". I mean X1 has Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Quantum break, and the blockbusters Titanfall/Halo (off the top of my head). Dont think PS4 has any "blockbusters" (major front loaded sales, high buzz/marketing) coming out in 2014. Theres GT and Uncharted, but a 2014 PS4 release is unlikely.

I wouldnt bet on Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break beeing 2014 titles, Halo was anounced for 2014 but nothing was shown of it. It has the theoretical best line up, at least it has more exclusives if theyre gona be good or not remains to be seen while PS4 only has Infamous Second Son and The Order, i doubt Uncharted 4 is this year and theres Drive Club but I dont think that game will work at all.

Ryuu96 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
sales2099 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
sales2099 said:

I wouldnt bet on Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break beeing 2014 titles, Halo was anounced for 2014 but nothing was shown of it. It has the theoretical best line up, at least it has more exclusives if theyre gona be good or not remains to be seen while PS4 only has Infamous Second Son and The Order, i doubt Uncharted 4 is this year and theres Drive Club but I dont think that game will work at all.

Agreed about Quantum Break, I don't think it will make 2014 IMO due to the TV Show having to be made and Remedy will probably want everything near perfect but Sunset Overdrive i'm 99% sure will make 2014, It's always on their "Games coming in 2014" List (Wheras Quantum Break isn't) and Mike and Phil Spencer have already played large parts off the game 

I just think wed have seen or heard more of the game by now if it realy is comming 2014 but I hope youre right. I still think the last generation, specialy the PS3 has a much superior line up this year than the One and the PS4, even if the good games for it are all frontloaded. Castlevania LoS 2, Lightning Returns FF XIII, Dark Souls 2, KH HD Remix 2, FFX/X-2 HD, Persona 5, Tales of Xilia 2 and Im pretty sure Im forgetting other games here.

PS4 also has Deep Down this year wich everyone seens to forget since the gameplay trailers kinda sucked but maybe the game will turn out great, or wont, anyway the game exists and is PS4 exclusive. If I had to bet my money on best next gem game of 2014 id put it all on the Witcher 3 realy, so I dont think any of the exclusives will be that great.

sales2099 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
ethomaz said:
DakonBlackblade said:

lol, getting trounced in literally every other place its available, but you're going head over heels for barely scratching a victory when it's known that MS is putting most of their supply in the US and Sony isn't.

Guess you gotta take what you can get. One of those "moral victories" you spoke about in the past, I guess