By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best part about living in Japan

Has been sitting in my car in various carparks while my wife is shopping, playing PS4 and Xbox One on a spare PC monitor.

The look of astonishment, jealousy and confusion from passers by amuses me greatly.

Having spent most of my childhood in europe and receiving the short end of the stick when it came to videogame releases (consoles months, sometimes years later, great games released months or years later, sometimes even never), I can't help but get a sick sense of enjoyment out of owning and playing these consoles in front of them, as some form of revenge for my childhood self.

So, with that in mind, any of you folks got your hands on a game or console earlier than your country/territory was officially meant to, and taken the pleasure of enjoying it to the fullest? lol

Around the Network

how do you sit in a car park playing ps4, and xbone games on a spare pc monitor?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

We need pics of your setup... and wife.. cause some here are lonely

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

deskpro2k3 said:
how do you sit in a car park playing ps4, and xbone games on a spare pc monitor?

this. and with people notice it.
Japanese are very reserved and it's really difficult they'll come at your car window looking at what you're doing...

deskpro2k3 said:

Center console on my car has a dual AC power socket, monitor sits on the edge of the passenger seat leaning against the glovebox and door (27"), with audio linked up to the cars stereo (edit: via spdif to be accurate)

Around the Network

I feel sorry for them.. That's what they get for  choosing handhelds this generation. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

lucidium said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Center console on my car has a dual AC power socket, monitor sits on the edge of the passenger seat leaning against the glovebox and door (27"), with audio linked up to the cars stereo

Ahh, okay that makes sense.

NiKKoM said:
We need pics of your setup... and wife.. cause some here are lonely

Driving this that i picked up last year, until the 2013 GT-R i ordered gets delivered in april.

As for the Wife, she used to post here a few months back, so i'll pass posting her pic incase she decides to rock up one day and get pissy.

I bet their expression goes something like this.

sue-goy
sue-gehh!!!
sugoi
waa!!!

The best thing I found in Japan are the Book Off stores with all the games, soundtracks and books for so cheap that we first didnt believe that were the real prices.

''Hadouken!''