Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I dump my vita? dissapointed

Are you happy with your vita?

Yes 95 43.78%

No 49 22.58%

Do not own 71 32.72%

Total:215
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Maris said:
This is a silly question to ask a forum, since only you know the answer. Make a list of pros and cons. Clearly if cons outweigh your pros, then you may want to consider selling "her" (ugh...) off.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

This fad can't be over soon enough

What fad? I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about :P

Around the Network
SnowPrince said:
Unity has been ported to Vita, so plenty of games may arrive sooner.
I don't actually know what would make you want to abandon it now, the 3DS has same if not lower number of games during this first semester. So what you don't like about it ?

i like the vita, i would like if sony supported it. Its a beast of a handheld that could do greatness. On the other hand i dont have alot of money for gaming and do see to many games coming to vita.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

sell it to me :) I'm looking at buying a 2nd one to house my US account.

pezus said:

Yes, you're the only one.

"LBP and killzone were amazing, tearaway looks pretty epic too but that cant be it for the good games." - Dude, Persona

Dude, Gravity Rush.

I'm usually never a proponent of selling hardware prematurely, as there's always a gem or two worth playing on any system.

I'd recommend giving Tearaway a go, simply because it looks like a great, unique game that was tailor made for the system it was built for.

If that doesn't float your boat... well... it's your system, your time, and your money. These are machines built for our enjoyment, not some lifetime commitment. So do whatcha gotta do.

Around the Network

If you played Gravity Rush(Daze), then you should see this.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Sony promises a good future so keep it as you might get some games you like in the future. isn't that why people buy Sony products early on?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Whether you dump the Vita depends on whether you want to educate yourself better on what it actually offers. I would ask you first a few questions and will calrify some of the issues you raised:

1. No. The Vita doesn't only just have Killzone Mercenary, Little Big Planet and Tearaway. It also has these:

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Gravity Rush

Virtue's Last Reward

Soul Sacrifice

Muramasa Rebirth

Assassin's Creed Liberation

YS Memories of Celcetta

Persona 4 Golden (not just a port, it has a ton of extra content)

Those are 7 awesome games that are just as good as the ones you mention. On another level there are other titles such:

Mortal Kombat (with a ton of new exclusive content), Resistance Burning Skies, Smart As, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (with new content), Ragnarok Oddyssey, etc...In other words plenty of Vita games.

2. It is up to you if you want to play on the go the same console versions of Mortal Kombat, Rayman Legends, The Walking Dead, Ninja Gaiden Sigma PLus 2, Dead or Alive 5 Plus, as soon Borderlands 2 and Minecraft. If you value playing any of these games on the go it is worth considering to keep.

3. I don't know if you ever played the gems of the PSP and if you are aware that most of them are accessible on the Vita through the PSN store. These include: The two God of Wars, Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Final Fantasy Dissidia, Parasite Eve 3, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Grand Theft Auto Liberty and Vice City Stories, Patapon 1-3, Gran Turismo PSP, Little Big Planet PSP, Resistance Retribution, Syphon Filters, etc... I never played many of these and they are great games as I am discovering. There is an entire library.

4. The PS Vita has most of the relevant indie games coming out on it. For whatever that is worth. Minecraft and Fez are coming soon as well. It's cool to play these games remotely on a smaller screen, many feel better with the many options of control that the Vita gives you.

5. Playstation Now. This alone should be a system seller. To be able to play games like God of War Ascension, Beyond Two Souls, and especially the Last of Us couldn't be cooler. 

Beyond these 5 reasons, it's up to you. I think it is a killer system with some great exclusives. They are not just 3, add my 8 and it makes at least 11. 11 must play games plus most of the PSP and PS One library on the store. It will still have more exclusives as some are on their way soon like Dangaronpa and Toukiden. I am absolutely thrilled with my Vita. If I combine its exclusives plus its PSP library, I think it is reason enough to own one. Then PS plus and Playstation Now are even further reasons to keep it. The 3DS is a great system but that doesn't mean that the Vita isn't. Sales aren't everything. Wait for E3. There will be more Vita announcements, it is selling a lot better than it used to.

i hate a sexy bitch that won't put out!

I thought Uncharted was pretty good. That's the only one I've finished so far.

The thing is, Vita doesn't necessarily have a whole lot of 'absolutely amazing' games, but it does have plenty of good games that are worth playing.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash