By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who dislikes Nintendo?

Anfebious said:
I'll give my two cents and say I agree that I dislike Nintendo these days. But it's not because of them, I dislike them because of it's annoying fanbase.

They are full of delusional fans who think the Wii U is going to do some kind of turn around and regain back their number one spot from the last gen. They never where in first place, that is the PS3! Just give it 3 more years and it will beat the Wii without a problem.

They also act like their games are the best in the industry. Get off your pedestal guys, geez.

These days I don't even buy a Nintendo console, I woud hate to be associated by such a horrible fanbase. Gotta keep my social status between my friends.

As years passed by, I've seen lots of horrible and blind Sony fans, Microsoft fans and Nintendo fans. However, that never stopped me from buying a console, simply because I know I am not like them, and that I can do better than these people.

As a gamer, people that blindy defends a brand no matter what disgust me a little bit and I can not understand them. I am quite defensive about Nintendo to be honest but I am not blind, I accept that they are weak in some areas (Such as online gaming, account system, etc) and good in others (Fun and creative games, at least most of the time IMO). I am defensive because I personally can't stand people that seems to enjoy when an "enemy" company does wrong, and Nintendo is the most attacked one because of Wii U (Even though 3DS does great), so that gets on my nerves. I am happy about PS success, and I hope Vita somehow pulls better numbers than it currently does. I am happy about Microsoft success, too. I am also happy about 3DS and I hope Wii U gets back on track when MK8 and SSB4 launches.

I do not uderstand how someone can actually enjoy when a company does poorly. If a product ends up unprofitable and the company loses lots of money maybe they will have to start firing people, am I right? Basically by wishing failure you're wishing for people to lose their jobs, in some way, and I find that to be a very evil and selfish thought. At least, that's what I believe.

Around the Network

Take him to the torture chamber!

No. Nintendo gets much undeserved hate isnt even funny..........so no, not at all.

I've bought every Nintendo console the wiiu was my last and final purchase

I won't buy any more as they have lost touch with gamers and can't offer what they used to akin to snes GameCube n64

core gamers have moved on, its actually impossible to go back to Nintendo after having ps3+4

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I dont like Nintendo either..." I FUCKING LOVE THEM!!!!!"

Around the Network
Legendary_W said:
Anfebious said:
I'll give my two cents and say I agree that I dislike Nintendo these days. But it's not because of them, I dislike them because of it's annoying fanbase.

They are full of delusional fans who think the Wii U is going to do some kind of turn around and regain back their number one spot from the last gen. They never where in first place, that is the PS3! Just give it 3 more years and it will beat the Wii without a problem.

They also act like their games are the best in the industry. Get off your pedestal guys, geez.

These days I don't even buy a Nintendo console, I woud hate to be associated by such a horrible fanbase. Gotta keep my social status between my friends.

As years passed by, I've seen lots of horrible and blind Sony fans, Microsoft fans and Nintendo fans. However, that never stopped me from buying a console, simply because I know I am not like them, and that I can do better than these people.

As a gamer, people that blindy defends a brand no matter what disgust me a little bit and I can not understand them. I am quite defensive about Nintendo to be honest but I am not blind, I accept that they are weak in some areas (Such as online gaming, account system, etc) and good in others (Fun and creative games, at least most of the time IMO). I am defensive because I personally can't stand people that seems to enjoy when an "enemy" company does wrong, and Nintendo is the most attacked one because of Wii U (Even though 3DS does great), so that gets on my nerves. I am happy about PS success, and I hope Vita somehow pulls better numbers than it currently does. I am happy about Microsoft success, too. I am also happy about 3DS and I hope Wii U gets back on track when MK8 and SSB4 launches.

I do not uderstand how someone can actually enjoy when a company does poorly. If a product ends up unprofitable and the company loses lots of money maybe they will have to start firing people, am I right? Basically by wishing failure you're wishing for people to lose their jobs, in some way, and I find that to be a very evil and selfish thought. At least, that's what I believe.

Well said.

Competition among companies is fine, even healthy. Competition among fans tends to end badly.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

With all these doom threads around, I would assume you are (not) alone.

FlamingWeazel said:
I don't like them, they are out of touch, and I don't agree with their closed views, and refusal to listen to anyone else in the industry.

How dare they have their own kind of fun that's not the same kind as yours, while still being financially viable....

Fuck them to hell!

I love nintendo as a gaming company, but I despise the management in charge. There isn't a word that describe the amount of stupidity they have.

Skeeuk said:
I've bought every Nintendo console the wiiu was my last and final purchase

I won't buy any more as they have lost touch with gamers and can't offer what they used to akin to snes GameCube n64

core gamers have moved on, its actually impossible to go back to Nintendo after having ps3+4

Because.......?

visceral-cinematic-story driven-emotionally engaging-epic experiences ?

Yes those can´t be had on nintendo systems.