By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo allows only ONE console linked per Nintendo Network account

Tagged games:

What of Nintendo?

Nintendo is d0med! 4 8.70%

Nintendo is damn clueless 16 34.78%

Nintendo should stop making hardware 1 2.17%

Nintendo should just be a... 1 2.17%

Boycott Nintendo! 1 2.17%

Fire Iwata 5 10.87%

Fire Miyamoto 2 4.35%

Fire Reggie 2 4.35%

There are far too many Ma... 2 4.35%

All of the above 12 26.09%

Total:46

Thats not true anymore actually. The link to Nintendo NEtwork is now so that your NNID is tied to your Eshop downloads not your gaming console. So if you lose or break your 3DS or your Wii U, just link your new console to the NN and you can redownload everything!

Around the Network

Yeah i got my 3DS recently and i couldn't believe quite how archaic there online still is, although alot better than it was on Wii.

You even have to create seperate logins for your club nintendo account and your nintendo ID account then link the 2 together, why do i need multiple accounts Nintendo, get your left hand talking to your right hand.

the_dengle said:
Chrizum said:
the_dengle said:
No offense meant to anyone, but this thread reads like one big first world problem. Upper-middle class first world at that.

Wow, that's such a platitude... Everything games related is a first world problem. "What, the game has numerous game breaking bugs? Be glad you have any game to play at all, you rich fuck!"

It doesn't really contribute to the discussion at all. When rival consoles have offered superior account systems for years (Xbox Live for almost a decade), it's fair to say Nintendo is ages behind, again.

But what is lost if you make a second NNID? What does it matter?

You have to purchase all your games a second time.

Rogerioandrade said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
I think this happens because Nintendo has no way to know if you have 2 wii u's or if the wii u's belong to 2 different people and one of them wants to get the games for free.

I thought the same thing. I could put my ID on several different devices and download the game several times.

I only have one 3DS and one WiiU, but I gifted my brother and niece with 3DS´s and that would be (a lot) convenient to have all of them registered under the same ID.....I could buy a game digitally and distribute to them.

This, I think, is the main reason why Nintendo's doing this... I mean, sure they could allow you to use your NNID on whichever system you'd like, but then what's stopping anyone from allowing friends/family members/anyone else to use that NNID to download their games for free and install them on multiple systems...? I'm sure my friends would love it if I'd download SM3D World on my Wii U, then swing by their place, log into their Wii Us, and download the game for them as well, for free, lol.

And yes, the scenario above would definitely occur on a large scale of Nintendo were to allow it, let's not kid ourselves here. My mom has a Netflix account, and she's shared it, so now my sister, my brother and myself all use and watch Netflix for free, in separate houses, whenever we want, because it allows for registration on 4 different devices. Nintendo's a business, not a charity. They're not obligated to give you stuff for free, howver much random people on the internet whine and moan about it.

The whole digital purchases being liked to a single system instead of an account thing's a different matter, though. That definitely needs be be fixed, although apparently they're working on that.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Chrizum said:
the_dengle said:

But you don't though. If you bought them physically, you can play them on any 3DS. If you bought them digitally, you simply play them on the 3DS you bought them on.

Am I allowed to question why someone would buy two 3DSs? I get that it can be a hassle to unplug your home console from one TV and plug it into a different one, and the solution to that problem is to buy a second console, but that isn't an issue for handhelds. Or is that question phrased rudely? I haven't accidentally called anyone a rich fuck again, have I?

Around the Network

LOL this issue was knows before launch. They did mention in future your Nintendo ID will be able to log onto any console but we shall see when it happens I guess lol. From memory even the manual said temporary measure?

Hopefully they fix the issue soon and work out a way for you not to share if your friends (not sure how though without online checking to see if your username is logged on twice at the same time.

I broke my original wii. Told them about it, and was able to download all of my original purchases. It's annoying but they still give you your stuff.

Somini said:
This is the reason why i love Sony's PSN. You can use stuff you've bought on the PSP, PS3 and PS Vita at the same time, without any restrictions.

And that is not the only reason why it is convinient, if your console was to break or something, you can just redownload everything on a new console. If your WiiU were to break, you're just fucked!!

I learned Nintendo sucks on this stuff when my Wii broke (by their system update that added support for SD card something or other). I sent it in for "free" repair, but they just replaced it and my new Wii couldn't use my old Save files and I would have to re-add Friends with the retarded Friend Codes and all kinds of other non-sense.

They suck at System level services

They still make the best family friendly games (Super Mario 3D World being the most recent example) so I am going to continue buying their retarded systems to play their excellent games until they become more like SEGA (i.e. make generally poor games).

the_dengle said:
Chrizum said:
the_dengle said:

But you don't though. If you bought them physically, you can play them on any 3DS. If you bought them digitally, you simply play them on the 3DS you bought them on.

Am I allowed to question why someone would buy two 3DSs? I get that it can be a hassle to unplug your home console from one TV and plug it into a different one, and the solution to that problem is to buy a second console, but that isn't an issue for handhelds. Or is that question phrased rudely? I haven't accidentally called anyone a rich fuck again, have I?

On Xbox Live, PSN or Steam, you only have to purchase a game once, and you can play it forever on any system you want. With Nintendo, you need to purchase the game once for every system you want to play on. Your account is also bound to only one console, whereas on other online services there is no such restriction.

Call it a first world problem all you want, but Nintendo really has a long way to go in the online department. The fact that it's free is somewhat of a justification, but not much.

why do you have 3 3DS's and want to buy another one?