By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo allows only ONE console linked per Nintendo Network account

Tagged games:

What of Nintendo?

Nintendo is d0med! 4 8.70%

Nintendo is damn clueless 16 34.78%

Nintendo should stop making hardware 1 2.17%

Nintendo should just be a... 1 2.17%

Boycott Nintendo! 1 2.17%

Fire Iwata 5 10.87%

Fire Miyamoto 2 4.35%

Fire Reggie 2 4.35%

There are far too many Ma... 2 4.35%

All of the above 12 26.09%

Total:46
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Yea its retarded... "Please Understand"

Ha! This had me actually Lol and at the same time want to drop kick Iwata.

Around the Network

Where's Iwata's "Please Understand" where you need it?

I wonder how Nintendo executives handle this issue, or do they only have one 3DS / Wii U each?

Somini said:
This is the reason why i love Sony's PSN. You can use stuff you've bought on the PSP, PS3 and PS Vita at the same time, without any restrictions.

And that is not the only reason why it is convinient, if your console was to break or something, you can just redownload everything on a new console. If your WiiU were to break, you're just fucked!!

While the fact that Nintendodoesn't do the same thing is stupid, your not "fucked" if a Wii U breaks. You call the customer support, and in most cases you fix it.

IsawYoshi said:
Somini said:
This is the reason why i love Sony's PSN. You can use stuff you've bought on the PSP, PS3 and PS Vita at the same time, without any restrictions.

And that is not the only reason why it is convinient, if your console was to break or something, you can just redownload everything on a new console. If your WiiU were to break, you're just fucked!!

While the fact that Nintendodoesn't do the same thing is stupid, your not "fucked" if a Wii U breaks. You call the customer support, and in most cases you fix it.

I was talking about the stuff you had purchased, not the system itself :D

Somini said:

Well, thank God their systems never break then.

Around the Network

Yes, this is very stupid. I have 2 Wii U. When I want to use the same NNID on my 2nd Wii U, I got the same message from the system.

I think it is pretty sure that Nintendo engineers never used PSN or Live during the development that was mentioned in an article few days ago.

I think this happens because Nintendo has no way to know if you have 2 wii u's or if the wii u's belong to 2 different people and one of them wants to get the games for free.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Somini said:

Well, thank God their systems never break then.

No need to thank me.

However, Nintendo consoles, like all things that are mechanical or electrical that is made by man, will break down eventually, there are no exceptions.
You can bet the WiiU has a failure rate, even if it is miniscule.

Basically it's DRM and should not be tolerated by consumers... That is unless it creates more convenience and a cheaper price. (A-la, Steam consolidating all PC games into one place then throwing lots of sales around.)

This does neither.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Somini said:
IsawYoshi said:
Somini said:

I was talking about the stuff you had purchased, not the system itself :D

erm.... you can get all your stuff that you lost with the console with Nintendo as well >_>

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Yeah, it fuckin' sucks and it's suckin' fucks (Avgn reference, there). I have two 360's, two PS3's, two PSP's, six DS's and two 3DS's. I'm the kinda customer game companies LOVE and they make things harder for me. Not only can I not play the games I purchased on two different consoles (which discourages digital purchases for me), I can't even get credit for Club Nintendo when I buy something on one of my 3DS's!

Yeah, I like having my Wii U and 3DS tied together so I can use funds from one to buy things on another but damn. Nintendo, why you be trippin'?