By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Help the VGCharts community out!

Ok guys, listen up! There seems to be a (number) of problem(s) with the site!

It looks like we (as an online-community) are being attacked!

I don't know who/what/where it's all happening but everything that i've seen suggests that it is targeted mostly towards AoA (ArtsofAngels)... A respected member of this online-community.

Things that i've notices:

1) Since that the mods banned this guy he's been spamming people's profiles.

2) The site runs VERY slowly (+- 30 seconds to refresh a page).

3) I get really strange pop-ups. (Advise: Put your pop-up blocker on, firewall on, etc...)

4) A few hours ago, when i went to www.vgcharts.com It said that it didn't exist. Instead of this site, it opened a domain-registration site. On which i could purchase the rights for this site, so somehow, someone or some guys are taking down this site.

5) Some members that have their e-mail notated in their profile have been getting a lot of spam mails from an unknown source...

---

My conclusion: Someone, or some guys are attacking this site.

Maybe it's just a computergeek who's trying to take this site down... I don't know!

But everyone who has some intelligence in computers, savety of protecting personal data etc... Please post here and give your advise so that all the members can take precausive actions! 

Thanks for reading and contributing. Please make sure this stays a well-respected site, StarcraftManiac! 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

I wonder if those attacks are related to the NPD numbers ..

The hate against VGCHARTZ never have been so high like yesterday...

Blocking the persons/groups ip would be a nice start.

I hate this! VGchartz better not be taken down!!!! We do need a ip ban, to get rid of them once and for all!!!!!!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Man, can we give this person any more attention?

Around the Network

^ I agree, but why hasn't it been done yet? i've pmed a few mods, but no one seems to answer my questions.

It is getting pretty old pretty fast.
And if anybody says as a joke "I blame Wii Fit", they should be stabbed

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

vgcharts.com has nothing to do with us.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN'T LET THIS SITE DIE!! FROM A CRAPPY SPAMMER
but I do agree...this site has become super slow
firefox just blocks the pop ups for me

and i didn't put my personal email in the first place b.c of this