By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so much Kirby?

Why does Nintendo give Kirby so much attention when they normally sell between 1 - 2.5 Million each. This isn't bad but at the same time, it's no more than what other neglected Nintendo series could be doing. Games like Pikmin, Star Fox, F-Zero, Yoshi, and others have the same selling potential as Kirby in my opinion yet, they don't see releases too often.

Is it because Nintendo is more focused with Japan? Kirby does do well there but overall sales aren't amazing...

thoughts?

Around the Network

For nintendo mario is their first baby girl gets all the attention in the world. Zelda is their baby boy and their little prince and kirby is the last son meaning he is the baby of the house. And the rest are the adopted children that they don't care about.

on top of that kirby games tend to be more versatile and creative other IPs are just more of the same

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

How can you not love Kirby? He is like a giant pink Marshmallow Peep!

But as far as games, seem aimed at a younger crowd than me. But he was fun in Super Mario Brothers Bash.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

didn't iwata program on the original kirby titles? I always thought it was a case of the guy in charge choosing his own franchises to spotlight.

Around the Network

Are you saying that you don't want Nintendo to give as much attention as the rest of their series? How can you say that when Kirby is so damn cute!!!

Just look at how cute it is pretending to be mean and powerful. Its like a pinkball of doom!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

kirby007 said:
on top of that kirby games tend to be more versatile and creative other IPs are just more of the same

Star Fox? F-Zero? Pikmin? Luigi's Mansion? 

All of these are different for Nintendo. Kirby is cool and all but another platformer. I don't think being versatile has anything to do with it.

Because Kirby is a cute mother f**ker.

snyps said:
didn't iwata program on the original kirby titles? I always thought it was a case of the guy in charge choosing his own franchises to spotlight.

This is the best answer I've seen so far. I forgot that Iwata did Kirby...makes sense. Although, another reason to replace him...

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Are you saying that you don't want Nintendo to give as much attention as the rest of their series? How can you say that when Kirby is so damn cute!!!

Kirby is adorable and all but is again, another platformer. I would totally give Kirby up for a gen if that gave Star Fox another game. Although, having both and having less Mario would be the ideal answer.

they can experiment much more with kirby games because everyone knows its not the AAA nintendo franchise.
its an easy fun game an it dont need to be perfect like mario or zelda, so they can try different things