By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I am not getting into 'Game of Thrones' TV series - WHY?

Lack of taste? ;)

Honestly, maybe you just don't like shows with slower pacing...I know lot of people who complain about Mad Men and their pacing, despite that one being a masterpiece.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Lol. TWD cant even touch GoT

great contribution as always. Your source is ethomaz?

Nice to see that you just stay who you are, no matter which topic is discussed.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

TruckOSaurus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
KylieDog said:
Lots happened, you obviously failed to grasp it. Also 'lawl' at Walking Dead season 2 stated as good when complaining about nothing happening.

Are we getting on the fanboy-level for TV series as well? (I AM NOT CALLING HIM A FANBOY, RELAX MODS!)

I thought that the transformation of the characters in The Walking Dead was quite entertaining. And I never got tired of anyone of them.

Can you please tell me, what happened in the past hours that I failed to grasp?
I am serious, because I will keep watching and don't want to read things up later. Thank you.

I actually started typing a list of things that happened in the 5 first episodes but it was too long to do so I guess something does happen.

I think it all depends on what you want out of the show. If you're expecting a thrill ride in every episode like say 24 (or Walking Dead I assume, never watched it) then Game of Thrones won't deliver for you. If you like political intrigue, power struggles, betrayals, unlikely alliances mixed with some fantasy elements then the show is incredible.

Maybe I expected more fantasy, more war and more battles. I never watched a single bit of it to avoid spoilers.

Normally I like these kind of storys. I read The Pillars of the Earth and World without end and LOVED those. So, maybe I will get into GoT sooner or later.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
pezus said:

Come on, DirtyP2002.  That's not fair.  It was NeoGAF.

The only reason why people praise it so highly is because they like to see titties,
or maybe because the "bad" guys win for once

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Ladies,

I just started the Game of Thrones TV series, because I heard so many great things about it.
I watched the first 5 episodes or so and nothing really happened!

+++TINY SPOILER ALERT+++

A child was kicked out of a window, some guys are protecting 'The Wall' and a SHITLOAD of characters were introduced.
Every family is weird in one way or the other or has at least one weirdo. The main-character moved from North to South to serve the king and quite a few people are having sex with each other or random prostitutes.

--> When will this be a enjoyable TV Series? Did you feel the same when you start watching it?

Maybe I am spoiled, because I just watched The Walking Dead season 2 and 3. And I watched Sherlock Season 1 & 2 as well. I loved those and I really liked Lord of the Rings so I thought this will be just as good, but after 5 hours of watching GoT, NOTHING happened.

The series takes a lot from the viewers, for sure. I really like all the actors as they are very well chosen, especially Jeoffrey and Tyrion. But they are just standing out, others are also perfectly chosen.

The story itself is quite complex and cut down for the series.

At first it might look like it's a fictional setting in the middle ages but there will be more fantasy to come. Obviously you have to like the setting itself and you have to handle multiple characters with deep personality, although to me everyone should at least appreciate the enormous effort spent in this series. I have never seen a series with such detailed scenery before.

As I have also read all the books available until now perhaps my sight is not objective anymore, though. I love the books and so do I love the series.

Adinnieken said:
DirtyP2002 said:
pezus said:

Come on, DirtyP2002.  That's not fair.  It was NeoGAF.

Let's not derail the discussion please.

@DirtyP: No need to be this aggressive. You could have just asked for details on what makes GoT superior to TWD.

Signature goes here!

I'm a fan of the show, but the fanbase is usually a bit too rabid. It's not a series for everyone.

Some episodes are terrible, but overall very good show. If you aren't hooked by now, you won't be.

TWD is incredibly boring after season 2 so it seems there might be too much going on in GoT for your tiny brain. :P

I like the TV series. But the books are so much better.

Storm of Swords being the best of the five books released so far.