By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I am not getting into 'Game of Thrones' TV series - WHY?

You're joking, right? GoT is the shit!

Around the Network

How could you like LotR and its very slow plot and then say nothing actually happened in the first 5 episodes of Game of Thrones?

Tons of shit just happened. By now a girl has been married off, tons of sex, many people killed, alliances being formed, incest, treachery galore, plot being outlined....

So much awesomeness.

9087 said:
perhaps 2 Broke Girls is more suitable for your tastes?

They suit my tastes just fine:

Oh... you mean the show. 

Nevermind. :/

After five episodes, I would say the show is not for you. In fact, after the first two episodes, I think people have a decent predictor of their interest in future episodes. No point in wasting your time watching the next five episodes.

HOWEVER, this is assuming you thoroughly watched those first few episodes. You're going to have to invest a fairly substantial amount of concentration into this series, particularly the first few episodes since they introduce all the important characters. I personally recommend you not to watch the next five episodes, but rather watch the first 2-3 episodes again. Make sure you understand what's happening in each scene, who all the significant characters are and how they relate to each other, etc. Absorb everything. I personally had to watch the first episodes about three times.

Ater investing sufficient concentration into the first 2-3 episodes, you will probably have a decent indicator of your interests. At which point, you should make your choice. Everyone I know who loved GoT also enjoyed the first few episodes. And those who didn't enjoy the first few episodes also didn't enjoy the series.

I should add that the second half of the first season does have infinitely more major events happening. Take that for what its worth. If you're interested, you may want to continue the season just to see if those major events excite your interests. However, even if those major events excite you, while you didn't enjoy the first few episodes, then I still think you should give up; because if you don't like relatively slow moving stories, then Game of Thrones is not for you.

Slightly related anecdote: everyone I know who dislikes GoT also has a mild-to-moderate form of ADHD. Make of that what you will.

Watch the entire season and then youll see why.

Oh and there is no main character. That is one issue with what you said.

Anyways if you dont like it, that's fine. Everybody has an opinion, but i would recommend watching the whole first season before making a final decision

Around the Network

I do recognize the sentiment.

I myself saw the first season. I haven't found the need yet to watch the others seasons. I'm not sure why. The first season was certainly okay.
Maybe i'll get into it later again.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XifUlSyQ2CI

The PS5 Exists. 

Because you don't like weiners:

Just kidding.

Shame on you!!

You have no soul?

As someone else said, there is more to watch. Keep watching Season One. When you finish it, then revisit this topic if necessary.

Btw...Sherlock Series/Season 3 is AMAZING! Season 1 & 2 were up and down. Each episode of Season 3 is just one incredible story after the other. Make sure to watch the third episode completely, otherwise you will miss the ending. And you don't want to miss the ending of the third episode, it's almost an entirely new story in one minute.

Don't worry you are not alone, for me it was dull. I expected things to happen, people told me it had dragons and things in them and all I watched for an hour was a political thriller just in a mythical land with a random sex scene at the start. This ruined my perception of the series so I don't watch it.

I've got better things to watch, like Doctor Who, BBC Nature docs and Grand Designs.

Hmm, pie.