By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Is brazil the place where we will get lucky

Aah eindelijk een nederlands draadje.

But i don't think so, if it's going to happen luck is needed indeed. It's funny though how us Dutch look towards the World Cup, so many near misses, we alway's have the feeling that it's bound to happen sometime.

Around the Network
Talal said:

I have a feeling that a south american team is gonna win. Maybe Uruguay. Spain isn't as good this time. Germany is the European country with the highest chance in my opinion.

As a Brazilian, that would be terrible. Uruguay won the 1950 cup on Brazil. But the Brazilian people would get more mad if Argentina wins it, since the two are one of the biggest rivalry of soccer. 

I think the favorites are Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany and Netherlands. The regional aspect may help south american teams and the climate can interfere too, since European players aren't much familiar with it (the cup is on winter here, but right now on summer we are seeing 43º in Rio).

Once the poule is done i actually love the prospect playing brazil, playing against the best brings out the best

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

torok said:
Talal said:

I have a feeling that a south american team is gonna win. Maybe Uruguay. Spain isn't as good this time. Germany is the European country with the highest chance in my opinion.

As a Brazilian, that would be terrible. Uruguay won the 1950 cup on Brazil. But the Brazilian people would get more mad if Argentina wins it, since the two are one of the biggest rivalry of soccer. 

I think the favorites are Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany and Netherlands. The regional aspect may help south american teams and the climate can interfere too, since European players aren't much familiar with it (the cup is on winter here, but right now on summer we are seeing 43º in Rio).

Brazil have a good chance too, but I'm hoping Argentine takes this. It's about time Messi takes a world cup.

European teams don't win World Cups in South America. My money is on Argentina.

Around the Network

As a Brazilian, I want any team but Argentine to win. I don't think Brazil is the favorite either, and I would not be surprised if Germany is the champion.

No fu....ng Way Germany ever become WC again. Wann know Why? Germany Has catchend the Dutch Disease. As Long as they Play this offensive Minded Game with so much fast and talented Young Guys they'll Never ever succeed again. Germany's won all of their Titles by outworking their Opponents, strong Goaltending and physically strong Defensemen like Kohler, Förster, Augenthaler, Pflügler, Briegel, Brehme, Schwarzenbeck, Vogts ... They always Had a strong finisher in Front like Müller, Völler, Kirsten, Bierhoff, Allofs ... Only in 1990 they've Had a extreme solid Mix of Talent, Goaltending, Top Notch Finishers and Badass Defenders. Read my Lips Germany is doomed as Long as Players like Götze, Özil, Reuss, Schürrle, Hummels, Bender, Boateng Wear the Black and White. Only World Class Players Are Lahm and Neuer. The Future is still in the Hands of Spain and Maybe Holland finally gets Lucky. Belgium is a Team to watch Out for.

If I was a betting person, I would put most of my money on Germany. They have the most solid overall team, the experience to back it up and the drive to finally win a cup after so many years.

But since the cup is in Brazil, chances are that a south american team is going to win it. I just hope that this cup doesn't come close to 2002 WC scandal levels.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Spain will win it again with Diego Costa as striker destroying his home country Brazil in the final :D

Otherwise Argentina cause Messi should have the World Cup or Brazil cause of Neymar.

Brazil is not the favorite.... I guess Germany and others team are a step ahead.

But it is games and everything can happen and in a head to head match in the final I bet Brazil can win any other team.