By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII may not get a 2008 release due to DQIX says Wada

Edouble24 said:
So release FFXIII instead of DQ.

In Japan, that would be like saying "So release GranTurismo, save MGS till 09."

Do you know how ruined Square would be if they tried that, lol? Seriously, their HQ might get burned down. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

It's like the DS is killing gaming. Well, only for some people.

>__> I really hate when SE talks about possible release dates and then crush them,I really want to play FFXIII this year,the only thing I hope if SE decide to launch it the next year,is that they do at the beginning of the year,giving this way the hope for a FFXIII versus trough Christmas'09,gladly the financial year is not the same as the normal calendar,this way it's possible.

As long as Killzone 2 is out this year, preferably fall, then I'm happy. GT5 and GTA4 are awesome too.

Even if the game is finished and then delayed, i don't think it will affect the EU and US release dates. This is because in this time, they can make the EU and US versions and maybe have a World Wide release.

Around the Network

>On a side note, most of you Sony fanboys don't wanna play DSIX because it's on DS.

That has to be the dumbest comment of all time. People don't play DQIX not because they are Sony fanboys, it's because they don't have a DS.

DQ is a proven enough franchise that can easily transcend fanboyism. If people don't want to play DQ because it's on DS, this thread would fill with comments like

"WTF cares about DQ, bring us FFXIII", and yet so far, I haven't seen one.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I want to play DQ9 on DS (and will) but I'm sure you think I'm a Sony fanboy.

Also, it makes to spread out the releases.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I can wait a little bit longer if Square Enix wants to release DQIX first, then release it and I can wait for FFXIII to be released later.

If DQ9 is indeed on the DS they should release it first. Since DS games are smaller and have worse graphics it doesn't cost nearly as much money to develop meaning a bigger return for SquareEnix. Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid will give a good sales boost to the PS3 (according to this site, MGS sells 5 millions copies per game and GT sells 9 million) and that means more potential sales for FF.

Did anyone honestly actually expect FFXIII in 2008?