By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will have more impact on hardware sales: Titanfall or Mario Kart 8?

Which game will push more systems?

Mario Kart 8 - WiiU 194 75.78%

Titanfall - Xbox One 47 18.36%

Neither will push systems 14 5.47%

Total:255
Kresnik said:
Your first sentence is incorrect.

They're not?!

Around the Network

TitanFall isnt exclusive.

but anyways, i think TitanFall will be. as the Vita proved, its hard to have a title push hardware when the sales are so low. we seen that with 3D world and i think the same will happen with MK. XB1 is new and is selling well, so i think TF will push it more than MK.

justinian said:
TheShape31 said:
Kresnik said:
TheShape31 said:

It is a console exclusive, and consoles are the only form of hardware relevent to this conversation.  So within the context of this thread, it is exclusive.

You're going to have to throw some words in front of the first "console" in this sentence to make it correct.

I actually had no idea that it was also coming out on 360, I only heard PC.  Knowing this, I can't say that it was a smart call by Microsoft at all to do this.  Think about all the 360 owners that would've gone to XB1 for a real exclusive.

My answer is changed to Mario Kart, though I still think that it won't cause any significant sales outside of the launch period.

Anyone can make a mistake and no one knows everything. Saying that, I thought pretty much everyone who have heard of Titanfall knew it was not exclusive to the xbone. I was wondering why you made such a bold and incorrect statement when other posters before you clearly stated it was not xbone exclusive.

I was about to put you on my list as a member to ignore.

Yeah, I agree. I think it was a bad move by MS. Time will tell.

I was honestly just going off of the OP, which referred to it as an exclusive.  And I didn't read all of the posts prior to commenting.

Can we at least get the OP changed in order to avoid confusion?  And I'm not even sure it's fair to compare such a huge exclusive to a new non-exclusive.

Mario Kart 8. And then Mario Kart 8 again when it becomes the Holiday season. And then the next year after that, etc.

TheShape31 said:
justinian said:
TheShape31 said:
Kresnik said:
TheShape31 said:

It is a console exclusive, and consoles are the only form of hardware relevent to this conversation.  So within the context of this thread, it is exclusive.

You're going to have to throw some words in front of the first "console" in this sentence to make it correct.

I actually had no idea that it was also coming out on 360, I only heard PC.  Knowing this, I can't say that it was a smart call by Microsoft at all to do this.  Think about all the 360 owners that would've gone to XB1 for a real exclusive.

My answer is changed to Mario Kart, though I still think that it won't cause any significant sales outside of the launch period.

Anyone can make a mistake and no one knows everything. Saying that, I thought pretty much everyone who have heard of Titanfall knew it was not exclusive to the xbone. I was wondering why you made such a bold and incorrect statement when other posters before you clearly stated it was not xbone exclusive.

I was about to put you on my list as a member to ignore.

Yeah, I agree. I think it was a bad move by MS. Time will tell.

I was honestly just going off of the OP, which referred to it as an exclusive.  And I didn't read all of the posts prior to commenting.

Can we at least get the OP changed in order to avoid confusion?  And I'm not even sure it's fair to compare such a huge exclusive to a new non-exclusive.

I completely understand. I saw it too but because I knew Titanfall was not exclusive I guess I subconsciously ignored the error.

No, it's not your at all.

Around the Network

I don't see many people buying a $500 console for a new IP when they are already capable of playing it on a system they probably already own...going with MK8.

I don't see Titanfall having a big impact on Xbox One sales. I'm going to go with Mario Kart here.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

Titanfall is not an exclusive, which makes the comparison pointless.

Also, MK8 will be the only Wii U MK game. Eventually we'll see a TF2, which will cannibalize TF sales.

Mario Kart, everyone likes it. Literally everyone.
Call of Duty is dying and I suspect Titanfall to be a letdown.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~