By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will have more impact on hardware sales: Titanfall or Mario Kart 8?

Which game will push more systems?

Mario Kart 8 - WiiU 194 75.78%

Titanfall - Xbox One 47 18.36%

Neither will push systems 14 5.47%

Total:255
TheLegendaryWolf said:
TheShape31 said:
Titanfall. Mario Kart couldn't push big Gamecube units, same goes for Wii U. On the flip side, people are really looking for a reason to buy an XB1 (or go next-gen in general). And Titanfall happens to not only be exclusive, but it's a NEW and interesting IP. This will be Microsoft's new "Gears of War" type franchise to push hardware alongside Halo.

It is not a XB1 exclusive.

It is a console exclusive, and consoles are the only form of hardware relevent to this conversation.  So within the context of this thread, it is exclusive.

Around the Network
TheShape31 said:

It is a console exclusive, and consoles are the only form of hardware relevent to this conversation.  So within the context of this thread, it is exclusive.

You're going to have to throw some words in front of the first "console" in this sentence to make it correct.

Titanfall is a new IP, Mariokart is a known huge IP. Mariokart sold amazing even on the GameCube, so that should tell you something. So i think Mariokart will push more systems, nothing spectacular though, in terms of systems pushed!

This is a tough one. Hopefully those that enjoyed MK on the wii will be wanting more of it on the wii u, even if only a quarter of those come back that's like 7m+ or something.

As Titanfall is not exclusive to the xbone - along with the xbone's price, I think a whole lot of people will get it on PC or X360. It will sell well one the xbone for sure but the other two platforms will steal sales. You do not have to own a xbone to play TitanFall,  you need a wii u to play MK8.

I will say Mario Kart 8 for now.

I would have to go with Mario kart 8. The Xbox one is a $500 system and Titanfall Is a multiplayer only game that just so happens to be on 360 and PC. Mario kart 8 is available on a $250-$300 console. Titanfall will move some xbox ones no doubt about it but it will sell the most copies on 360.

Around the Network

The fact that Titanfall is on 360 is going to hurt it somewhat. I think Mario Kart will provide a bigger boost for WiiU.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

melbye said:
Mario Kart, the people who want Titanfall probably already got XBONE

people who want mk8 probably already got a wii u. 

Max King of the Wild said:
melbye said:
Mario Kart, the people who want Titanfall probably already got XBONE

people who want mk8 probably already got a wii u. 

I actually don't think many people care WiiU exist right now, and have no idea Mario Kart is coming

Kresnik said:
TheShape31 said:

You're going to have to throw some words in front of the first "console" in this sentence to make it correct.

I actually had no idea that it was also coming out on 360, I only heard PC.  Knowing this, I can't say that it was a smart call by Microsoft at all to do this.  Think about all the 360 owners that would've gone to XB1 for a real exclusive.

My answer is changed to Mario Kart, though I still think that it won't cause any significant sales outside of the launch period.

shikamaru317 said:
I'd say they'll push about the same console sales, maybe slightly higher for the Wii U since Titanfall is multiplat. As for Halo vs. Super Smash later in the year, I'd guess Halo will push more sales since Super Smash is multiplat and most will get the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version due the much larger install base.

Most will not, but it will steal away some sales. An example is FF X/X-2 HD in Japan, it released on both PS3 and PSVita, and PS3 is SLIGHTLY overselling the PSVita despite a much larger install base the PS3 imposes in Japan.