By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are there even any worthwhile Vita games coming out this year?

And no I'm not talking those awful indi games nobody wants like the recently announced Olli Olli (woo....) or even things like FFX HD which is going to be on PS3. I mean proper exclusive games for the Vita. Last year there was Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden etc even Ys was good. Really though where are all the good games? PSP had 2 God of War games, 2 proper MGS games, 2 GTA games, a Kingdom Hearts game, 2 RPG Final Fantasy games and 2 fighting games, Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Gran Turismo etc Why aren't we getting games like that? Uncharted Golden Abyss is great and sold well wheres the sequel? I just don't get what they're playing at.

Around the Network

What about Conception 2? While it will be both 3DS and Vita, I don't really think we should discount the game.

Gravity Rush 2, Soul Sacrifice Delta, those are the only ones that come to mind. SCEA has completely dropped the ball here.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The only new games that aren't a cross platform game, expanded versions or indies are Freedom Wars, Dekamori Senran Kagura and possibly Gravity Rush 2 if that's coming out this year. Japan is where most of the non-indie games are going to be coming from to so you'll have to hope for a lot of localizations. There is probably more but it looks like Vita is going to be mainly stuck with Rhythm games and Monster Hunter clones with only a couple exceptions

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network

I've never even heard of Conception 1.

Just looked it up, it wasn't released outside Japan.

I'll look it up though, sounds interesting.

I'm excited about Danganropa, Demon's Gaze, and Toukiden. There's some other mutliplats and games without a date that look good too.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ah yes Gravity Rush 2 I forgot about that. The original was one of the better Vita games I've played.

Still it doesn't seem like the West are making notable games for it. They mentioned Bioshock Vita once.

Zax said:
And no I'm not talking those awful indi games nobody wants like the recently announced Olli Olli (woo....) or even things like FFX HD which is going to be on PS3. I mean proper exclusive games for the Vita. Last year there was Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden etc even Ys was good. Really though where are all the good games? PSP had 2 God of War games, 2 proper MGS games, 2 GTA games, a Kingdom Hearts game, 2 RPG Final Fantasy games and 2 fighting games, Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Gran Turismo etc Why aren't we getting games like that? Uncharted Golden Abyss is great and sold well wheres the sequel? I just don't get what they're playing at.

Gravity Rush 2, Freedom Wars, Pavilion (also on PS4), Metrico, OlliOlli (yes it counts ), Demon Gaze, etc.

It's not a great line-up, I admit, but it's not completely bare.