By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I just realized I'm a boring person

Are you boring?

Yes 77 64.71%

No 41 34.45%

Total:118

If you're smart you're not boring imo.

Around the Network

I'm not sure when I realized I was boring because I am so uninteresting even I don't want to know about me. But I realized you were boring about halfway through your posting because I yawned no less than twice by that point.

In fact, VGChartz as a whole is pretty boring as I think I am about fall asl......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think of myself as being boring, but while I am at work just about everyone finds the time to come over to my desk to talk to me. Outside of work though I never hang out with anyone, unless I am hanging with family. I'm a stay at home person.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wether you are interesting or not is not an universal truth you should submit to. Different people find different things interesting.

For example i think an interesting person is intelligent and is capable of having a civilised serious conversation about fascinating topics like existance, life outside the solar system, theories, etc.
That is an interesting person to me.
I can also find interesting a friend that likes to have fun playing online games or co-op games, or simply has similar tastes to mine.

Wether they make me laugh in a group social situation or not does not make them interesting to me. To make people laugh is easy. You just have to say some smartass crap. People are in that social situation to have fun and they will be already pre-dispositioned to easily laugh or to have drinks that will ease that. Conversations almost always just drive around movies.

I guess what im saying is, a boring person in a social situation is not a boring person personality wise. Actually, they are the most interesting cause they are the thinkers. You can have infinite wit debates with those people and find real psycological stimulation from them.

I like boring things. I don't care that other people like to do adventurous/exciting stuff, I like being boring.

Around the Network

You got into a fight with a fat kid AND nearly committed financial fraud. What could be boring about that?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I like when our members open their heart and tell stuff from IRL that has some substance.

Personally I just realized I'm a boring person even on the internet. After six long, hard years as a member of these forums (the last half ban-free and on the winning side of the console war) and nearly 20,000 mostly thoughtful posts (I truly try to post stuff with substance and avoid one-liner junk) I still wasn't even close of being nominated into the Top members thread.

I am too bored by you to read all that

Slimebeast said:

I like when our members open their heart and tell stuff from IRL that has some substance.

Personally I just realized I'm a boring person even on the internet. After six long, hard years as a member of these forums (the last half ban-free and on the winning side of the console war) and nearly 20,000 mostly thoughtful posts (I truly try to post stuff with substance and avoid one-liner junk) I still wasn't even close of being nominated into the Top members thread.

I can confirm that you are a boring person. If you stop saying how linear Uncharted or TLOU is at every opportunity to do so, I am sure you have some interesting stuff to say, but you never give yourself a chance:).

michael_stutzer said:
Slimebeast said:

I can confirm that you are a boring person. If you stop saying how linear Uncharted or TLOU is at every opportunity to do so, I am sure you have some interesting stuff to say, but you never give yourself a chance:).

You mean cinematic rather than linear, but yes you are correct. Actually I just had this very thing in my mind one hour ago when I read through the Top 300 games of VGC members and saw that TLOU was at around spot 25 and UC2 in the top 10, and I was very close of commenting on how I felt about that. Out of 300 games I was about to single out those specific games.