By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Double Wii-k in Review podcast F5 Wii game-720p?,HOLYCRAPWii games, Pikmin)

I not saying 720p is a definite but you all do release that Rogue Squadron on GC was 480p at launch. That was 2001. If anyone can actually manage to push the GC hardware its Factor 5. Hopefully the game will actually be good, I have no doubt it will be technically impressive.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Yeah, after IGN's first podcast about Brawl it was clear that their editors know nothing about Smash and really shouldn't be reviewing it.

This.

They know nothing of the culture around smash, or what to look for in it. They are blind to the game's depth, and critical of completely ridiculous things. They will rate it in the low 9s at best. 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I don't see anything stopping Factor 5 from using the GDDR3 RAM on the Wii as the framebuffer. 720p on Wii? = Entirely possible. Agree.

I can't wait to see their score for Brawl, but I'm expecting it to land on 3rd place on Gamerankings when everything is said and done.

I'm not even sure if it will be on the top 10. It's such a unique game, that alot of sites and mags just don't know what to make of it's play style, and many reviewers will see it as a frenetic shallow party game, completely overlooking the fact that it's also a fairly deep fighting game with a large hardcore following. I suspect there will be a more than a few low 9s, and even some scores in the 8s. It will do amazingly commercially, and fans will love it, but unique games have a hard time scoring consistently high.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

If the wii gets a 720p game. That would be awesome. I don't really care too much in hd but when my wii went ed it looked so much better I wonder how it would look HD.

Around the Network

Soul Calibur 2 on the Xbox was 720P, I dont see any reason why they cant make a 720P game for the Wii.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

IGN has already hinted that they plan to give it a high 8, so take that into consideration. I don't expect the game to score much higher then a 90 on gamerankings. People will dock it marks for all sorts of strange reasons.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

so if the wii puts out 720p does that make it future proof?

Except...there's no 720p option for the rest of the Wii...can it switch when starting the game and then go back to 480p for menus? How would that work?

It brings up too many questions that I don't think will get answered any time soon.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Except...there's no 720p option for the rest of the Wii...can it switch when starting the game and then go back to 480p for menus? How would that work?

It brings up too many questions that I don't think will get answered any time soon.

Maybe a wii update but I see that as a problem for people who don't have their wii connected online. Maybe the disc comes with the update on it and you just install the update and play. I think nintendo should make update discs for people who don't have broadband or even a wireless router/wii lan cable.