By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: 4.2M, VGChartz: 4.1M

Nem said:
JoeTheBro said:
Nem said:
VGChartz values are from the 28th. Sony's are from the 31st.

Try to notice the details next time.

lol quality post

I confused with Microsoft it seems. My apologies existenz2. Not to Joe the bro who thinks the internet has winners. You were late. The poster above beat you to it.

Still, i dont know how VGC does the corrections. The site hasnt been updated since the values were published, wich was before the Sony announcement.

Nope, it revised PS4 from 3.9 to 4.1 after the announcement.

Around the Network
oldbucsfan said:
Nem said:

I confused with Microsoft it seems. My apologies existenz2. Not to Joe the bro who thinks the internet has winners. You were late. The poster above beat you to it.

Still, i dont know how VGC does the corrections. The site hasnt been updated since the values were published, wich was before the Sony announcement.

Nope, it revised PS4 from 3.9 to 4.1 after the announcement.

Really? Alright then. As i said, i dont know how they do the corrections. Feel free to inform me on that.

Nem said:
JoeTheBro said:
Nem said:
VGChartz values are from the 28th. Sony's are from the 31st.

Try to notice the details next time.

lol quality post

What? I made a bet with bananaking. Yes the internet has winners.

Not a big deal. It's like a 2% difference. Get over it.

Don't Sony still only post shipped numbers and not actual retail sold numbers?

Around the Network
fordy said:

If i am not mistaken both Sony and Microsoft are announcing sold to customers.

rccsetzer said:
fordy said:

If i am not mistaken both Sony and Microsoft are announcing sold to customers.

So they've learned their lesson since 2007?

fordy said:

no lessons to learn. Business sell to retail. Consumers just need to get smarted to learn the difference

Max King of the Wild said:
fordy said:

no lessons to learn. Business sell to retail. Consumers just need to get smarted to learn the difference

Well it was certainly a source for confusion amongst the Sony diehards in 2007, where the majority of new users back in the day had a 1st post similar to:

"OMG PS3 2 million undertracked! Bias!"

fordy said:

LOL not this again. Both ms, Nintendo and Sony use shipped as that is SOLD for them but in this case with ps4 selling out it is Sold through. Sony is NOT the only one who uses shipped normally.