By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - At what age did you play your first M rated game?

At what age did you play your first M rated game?

1-3 13 6.53%

4-5 23 11.56%

6-9 51 25.63%

10-12 59 29.65%

13-15 32 16.08%

16-17 9 4.52%

18 4 2.01%

19 0 0%

20+ 8 4.02%

Total:199

Some Atari game you need to do that thing with a girl after rescue her... so when I started to play games... maybe 5 or 6 I don't know.

My parents never had this thing of M rated at home.

Around the Network

i was 14 or 15 when i play DOOM for the first time... i think that was my first violent game i ever play... was 18 when i play GTA for the first time... 1998 was the year... good times...

i think the ratting should be more strict and mandatory... its not a popular opinion, but people can wait for the Mature stuff and play other great games while they wait...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

My first game was Blade Of Darkness on PC, I was 10 back then, but I was aware of its gore but just continued the game to finish it. My 12yo sister on the other hand, did enjoy its gore theme, and slaughtered every monster into pieces. Now she's a nurse.

ethomaz said:
Some Atari game you need to do that thing with a girl after rescue her... so when I started to play games... maybe 5 or 6 I don't know.

My parents never had this thing of M rated at home.

Custer's Revenge? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custer%27s_Revenge

We had no rating system in the early years of video games, but some of them were "indexed" in germany...hard stuff like "Theatre Europe" or "River Raid" ;)

10 years I think, it was a Metal Gear solid title. The one with Psycho Mantis in it.

Around the Network

around 4 or 5 or 6 and it was the first halo

flagstaad said:
I was playing games BEFORE the rating system existed, and I was not so young... ok you made me feel old :(

I was playing also before the rating system. But the first actually M rated game was probally in the late 90's so I was 18-to-20 years old at the time.