By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Face of Xbox. Will it change?

SvennoJ said:
You're about as successful at communicating your ideas as MS was with their DRM share plans.

So you want tv manufacturers to build Kinect into their tvs and connect to a new XBox service that streams? the same games you can play on an XBox One. Basically cross-buy combined with Gaika, with everything you need build into the tv.

Or just an XBox one without a disc drive, and cross-buy with everything available as a pc game as well?

Anyway why would tv manufacturers limit their market by integrating an expensive piece of hardware into their tvs that only works with 1 service and/or console? It seems they're doing fine on their own making smart tvs. What is the incentive for the manufacturer to give MS a cut, and for the consumer to pay more for the tv?
Sony tried something sort of similar with their ps 3d tv, the only good thing about that was that you could pick them up dirt cheap just months later.

That one service has a shed load of apps available and would save the TV manufacturer having to build any software to get apps on Smart TV. Xbox One software already contains Windows 8 and would allow any RT apps right there on the TV out of the box. And they wouldnt stream the games, the TV would contain the chipset the Xbox One has. Albeit revised at lower power consumption and heat. Minus the disc tray. PC would just require the service open to it. And TVs would finally actually have decent camera tech for motion and speech. Instead of the terrible options TV's have in comparison to Kinect.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

It sounds like ur saying u want Microsoft to compete directly with Steam...they would get...wait for it...steam rolled.

Would they?

Steam has no exclusives.

Xbox Live as a service already exists. But would contain titles like Ryse, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break all exclusive to theirr service on PC as well as every single game available on Steam. Personally I think Steam would get steamrolled going up against MS First Party. And it wouldnt hurt TV gamers, as they are 95% people who dont game on PC because they dont want to.

It would bring MS alot more money.

As GFWL already went up against Steam and had to close down, yeah i think they would get steam rolled again, PC consumers arent interested in Xbox Live

So your saying a PC gamer would not be interested in Titanfall? Halo 5? Quantum Break? Forza 5? Black Tusks New IP? Killer Instinct? Fable? Banjo Kazooie? etc etc. All exclusive to Xbox Live. They would have sales just like steam and imo with MS portfolio would destroy Steam. What would Steam have to offer? Xbox Live would have all the 3rd party games also.

GFWL does not have an amazing exclusive portfolio that PC players would get from Xbox service.

selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

It sounds like ur saying u want Microsoft to compete directly with Steam...they would get...wait for it...steam rolled.

Would they?

Steam has no exclusives.

Xbox Live as a service already exists. But would contain titles like Ryse, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break all exclusive to theirr service on PC as well as every single game available on Steam. Personally I think Steam would get steamrolled going up against MS First Party. And it wouldnt hurt TV gamers, as they are 95% people who dont game on PC because they dont want to.

As GFWL already went up against Steam and had to close down, yeah i think they would get steam rolled again, PC consumers arent interested in Xbox Live

So your saying a PC gamer would not be interested in Titanfall? Halo 5? Quantum Break? Forza 5? Black Tusks New IP? Killer Instinct? Fable? Banjo Kazooie? etc etc. All exclusive to Xbox Live. They would have sales just like steam and imo with MS portfolio would destroy Steam. What would Steam have to offer? Xbox Live would have all the 3rd party games also.

GFWL does not have an amazing exclusive portfolio that PC players would get from Xbox service.

They get Titanfall without Xbox live anyway, the rest no i dont think they would be interested in sorry, not mass market interest anyway, possibly quantum break but weve not really seen enough to know, and it will need alot more exclusives i reckon than that. 

Sorry, bro but I want the Xbox One. I like the non-DRM version of it. The DRM version will be the downfall of disc based consoles.

How about MS just keeps the same Xbox with a disc drive, have updates that gives people a choice of if they want their disc based content to be like digital content, and then come out with Rio when they have it all down for Windows products?

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Would they?

Steam has no exclusives.

They get Titanfall without Xbox live anyway, the rest no i dont think they would be interested in sorry, not mass market interest anyway, possibly quantum break but weve not really seen enough to know, and it will need alot more exclusives i reckon than that. 

No they wont. Titanfall PC shares the same Xbox Live Cloud and uses the Xbox Live service. It is also only Windows 8. Originally in June 2013 the developers said the PC version will have to be reengineered and wont be the best version. As it wasnt going to be using the Cloud.

Respawn Entertainment recently said in an interview why the cloud on Xbox One is an important part of TitanFall.

When asked if Xbox One’s cloud computing capabilities would help TitaFall, Respawn developers had this to say:

“You couldn’t make this game without having that kind of dedicated server support.”

Not only that, but since Respawn won’t be using the Xbox cloud on the PC version of TitanFall they say the PC version won’t be as good as Xbox One version. Or at least they hint at that. They said:

“We won’t get all the nice-ities on PCs that you get on Xbox One. There will be some re-engineering things.”

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/06/respawn-titanfall-couldnt-be-made-without-xbox-cloud-xbox-one-version-better-than-pc-version/

As we now all know, PC and 360 are opened up to Xbox Live Cloud. And will only be available to Windows 8. Steam wont have Titanfall.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sorry, bro but I want the Xbox One. I like the non-DRM version of it. The DRM version will be the downfall of disc based consoles.

There is absolutely no reason why it couldnt exist alongside the discbased version.

selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Would they?

Steam has no exclusives.

No they wont. Titanfall PC shares the same Xbox Live Cloud and uses the Xbox Live service. It is also only Windows 8. Originally in June 2013 the developers said the PC version will have to be reengineered and wont be the best version. As it wasnt going to be using the Cloud.

Respawn Entertainment recently said in an interview why the cloud on Xbox One is an important part of TitanFall.

When asked if Xbox One’s cloud computing capabilities would help TitaFall, Respawn developers had this to say:

“You couldn’t make this game without having that kind of dedicated server support.”

Not only that, but since Respawn won’t be using the Xbox cloud on the PC version of TitanFall they say the PC version won’t be as good as Xbox One version. Or at least they hint at that. They said:

“We won’t get all the nice-ities on PCs that you get on Xbox One. There will be some re-engineering things.”

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/06/respawn-titanfall-couldnt-be-made-without-xbox-cloud-xbox-one-version-better-than-pc-version/

As we now all know, PC and 360 are opened up to Xbox Live Cloud. And will only be available to Windows 8. Steam wont have Titanfall.

I dont think PC players are Steam only fanatics, as long as they can get the game on PC they will, they dont need some xbox service to access it, no doubt as its EA it will be on Origin game, like Battlefield and every other EA game thats not on steam. 

If they have bork the game on PC, they i just wont buy it at all, there loss not mine, i have faith PC will still be the best version tho, with identical gameplay, but much better graphics. 

Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Would they?

Steam has no exclusives.

I dont think PC players are Steam only fanatics, as long as they can get the game on PC they will, they dont need some xbox service to access it, no doubt as its EA it will be on Origin game, like Battlefield and every other EA game thats not on steam. 

If they have bork the game on PC, they i just wont buy it at all, there loss not mine, i have faith PC will still be the best version tho, with identical gameplay, but much better graphics. 

Well yes Titanfall will now be fine on PC. Titanfall on PC is 100% confirmed to be Xbox Live Only using the Xbox Live Cloud. So they dont have to re-engineer the PC version at all.

50 exclusives across the next few years. I think its actually the best option for Microsoft and even Sony. Software makes way more money. And the penetration of Windows 8 into other devices like TV's and etc wouls still make Microsoft the centre of the living room. Microsoft could still make their own hardware like Xbox One, but the service would be the most important thing.

Kinda going a full circle to the days where Microsoft were more about software across multiple hardware manufacturers.

selnor1983 said:

Well yes Titanfall will now be fine on PC. Titanfall on PC is 100% confirmed to be Xbox Live Only using the Xbox Live Cloud. So they dont have to re-engineer the PC version at all.

50 exclusives across the next few years. I think its actually the best option for Microsoft and even Sony. Software makes way more money. And the penetration of Windows 8 into other devices like TV's and etc wouls still make Microsoft the centre of the living room. Microsoft could still make their own hardware like Xbox One, but the service would be the most important thing.

Kinda going a full circle to the days where Microsoft were more about software across multiple hardware manufacturers.

I actually totally agree, going forward both Sony and MS need to turn into services rather than hardware boxes how long that transition will take who knows, but it will not be an easy road and winning over PC players who already have loads of services, Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG, Humble Bundle will be very very hard.

I believe its a fairly scary path to take as well, as they wont want to just become 3rd party publishers on PC where people come to them just for there first party content as right now they take 30% of everyones games on xbox not just there own. 

Sony last night staked there vision out that they will now be bringing PS to other platforms via Gaikai ( PSNOW ), this offers the clear differnce in the market that you dont need powerfull hardware, but there is probably still going to be the issue of lag that they will need to prove to sceptics is not a big issue. 

I dont think for a second MS are going to stay on MS only platforms, so it will be intersting to see when they unveil there plans.