By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Face of Xbox. Will it change?

Fusioncode said:
You want Microsoft to go back to all the DRM crap? Cause that worked so well for them the first time.

No, the existing disc based no DRM model would still exist for those that didnt want Online only. but Expanding their markt further into Steam territory could do no harm. In fact mke them more money on Software wer it counts. Existing Xbox One sales wouldnt be hurt as those who dont like gaming on PC would still buy the existing format.  As they already do.

Around the Network

I think I confused some people. Reread OP. I added to it.

bananaking21 said:
its amazing how your tone changes so quickly, a few hours ago you were saying you hope the steam box bankrupts valve and now you want the xbox one to become like steam box? outstanding, even for you selnor.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5946345

Not sure to understand your reasoning here... Wanting Valve to go brankrupts and hoping for the Xbox One to be able to do what the Steam Box is able to do it not really related... One is related to Valve (the company) and the jerk leading it and the other one is about his console and what features he wants to see on it.

It is not because you do not like Valve/Sony's practices (it is a just an exemple here) that you will also dislike some of their technologies/ideas... If you do so, you are really close minded. 

selnor1983 said:

I'm still confused. PS Now and Steam are really different. Are you talking about streaming games like with Gaikai/PS Now?

M$ needs to abduct Jessica Chobot and have her replace Major Nelson as the face of Xbox. They tried it with the launch of 360 and then kicked her to the curb after the NXE update. That was a bad move... Boooo and fuck you M$! Maybe ugly face Trixie was jealous and got M$ to drop Chobot. I dont trust that little piggy. We should hunt her down before she can reproduce.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

It sounds like ur saying u want Microsoft to compete directly with Steam...they would get...wait for it...steam rolled.

You're about as successful at communicating your ideas as MS was with their DRM share plans.

So you want tv manufacturers to build Kinect into their tvs and connect to a new XBox service that streams? the same games you can play on an XBox One. Basically cross-buy combined with Gaika, with everything you need build into the tv.

Or just an XBox one without a disc drive, and cross-buy with everything available as a pc game as well?

Anyway why would tv manufacturers limit their market by integrating an expensive piece of hardware into their tvs that only works with 1 service and/or console? It seems they're doing fine on their own making smart tvs. What is the incentive for the manufacturer to give MS a cut, and for the consumer to pay more for the tv?
Sony tried something sort of similar with their ps 3d tv, the only good thing about that was that you could pick them up dirt cheap just months later.

JoeTheBro said:
selnor1983 said:

I'm still confused. PS Now and Steam are really different. Are you talking about streaming games like with Gaikai/PS Now?

No. Theres no reason why PSNOW cant do PS4 games. But more operating like steam. So it wqould be an entire network rather than limited to a console. The existing option would still exist as people like that option. But adding the service to PC and Online only Xbox Ones could be a real marketshare gainer for MS. And importantly getting in early for how I believe the next generation after PS4/Xbox One will be anyway. They were practically going to almost do this with the whole DRM thing originally.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

It sounds like ur saying u want Microsoft to compete directly with Steam...they would get...wait for it...steam rolled.

Would they?

Steam has no exclusives.

Xbox Live as a service already exists. But would contain titles like Ryse, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break all exclusive to theirr service on PC as well as every single game available on Steam. Personally I think Steam would get steamrolled going up against MS First Party. And it wouldnt hurt TV gamers, as they are 95% people who dont game on PC because they dont want to.

It would bring MS alot more money.

selnor1983 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Would they?

Steam has no exclusives.

Xbox Live as a service already exists. But would contain titles like Ryse, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break all exclusive to theirr service on PC as well as every single game available on Steam. Personally I think Steam would get steamrolled going up against MS First Party. And it wouldnt hurt TV gamers, as they are 95% people who dont game on PC because they dont want to.

It would bring MS alot more money.

As GFWL already went up against Steam and had to close down, yeah i think they would get steam rolled again, PC consumers arent interested in Xbox Live