By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - convince me that marijuana should be legal.

oldschoolfool said:
the only convincing arguement I've read so far is that booze and tobacco are legal,then why not the wacky ta-backy. that's a fair and valid argument,but if that's the case,then why stop there. 1 Why not make all forms of prostitution and gambling legal while were at it. 2 Why not lower the age of marriage to 13 and marry animals while were at it. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

1.  I am for, I believe all dugs should be legal as well as prostitution and gambeling (I know this is extreme). But if the government does legalize these things then they can Regulate and Mandate it, Crime would drop dramatically not only cuz Illegal things have become Legal but the crimes commited to promote these Illegal acts would no longer be possible.

• So for an example there would no longer be a Pimp beating on his/her property/prostitute because there would be a Brothel controlling a prostitues engagement or also the fact that many prostutes would now turn to the police if they were Beaten or Raped and would also feel like they could do so now because it would no longer be illegal.
  • Another Example of how this would prevent Crimes is preventing Literal warfare between Drug cartels and Organized Criminal Orginizations. Proof of this was In a Discussion Between the President of Mexico and the President of the United States where the Mexican president said to Obama if you want the The organized crime to stop with the Cartel's he said to legalize Marijuana and almost all of the Drug trafficking would stop between Mexico and the United States. (this example goes for every other illegal substance out there I.E cocaine and heroine etc.
  • And gambling is easy, look at states where it is legal I.E Navada, New Jersey, indian reservations etc. They all have a surplus of money and aren't nearly in as much debt as the rest of the country. (the state of Navada also has legalized prostitution and has made a huge amount of money because of it)
  • One more thought on these examples is to look at countries where these things are legal such as Portugal where drug problem's are treated as medical condition and not a crime to be an addict which has cut the mortality rate of drug overdoses in HALF because of the simple fact that Many forms of Drugs are legal there such as Marijuana and Heroine etc., or the Netherlands where prostitution legal to the fullest extent and there is rarely ever any gruesome crimes such as rape or murder, even in the capitol city of Amsterdam. And also with these countries doing these things they have been the Least affected by the Global recession and even been in more of a surplus then the rest of europe.
  • I also just want to add that all of this Is for consenting adult's and every catagory I just went over should be considered for anyone at the age 18 or above, as that is the age when you can go to war.
2. And as far as this statement goes, It sounds like you are saying "well if we do this whats to stop us from doing this" and that argument is just plain Fucking Stupid, and I suggest you come up with better reasoning then that if you truly wish to have a discussion about this topic.

And with all that saod I respect your Opinion, Maybe not the Reasoning but it is your's and you have every right to believe it and I will not fault you for it, I just have a different one.

Around the Network

OP, you need to learn about the herb. Because it's clear you no nothing about it. Start with some of the documentaries posted her. Netflix has a few good one there too. You'll be surprised by what you learn.

Thank you for posting the video about charlotte :) everyone should watch the full sanjay gupta interview. It really is amazing, especially since just a few years ago he was against medical marijuana.

Ive been a medical marijuana activist for over 10 years, and it makes me so happy to see the level headed support there is :) times have really changed. Thank you guys!

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

chocoloco said:

Great video actually full of stuff I did not even know on medical marijuana and cool considering these people in the video live in the Springs like me. The growers look like they grow just outside of the Springs.

Good to know it was useful to you, let us know if you do some research about this guys in your area.

DD_Bwest said:
Thank you for posting the video about charlotte :) everyone should watch the full sanjay gupta interview. It really is amazing, especially since just a few years ago he was against medical marijuana.

Ive been a medical marijuana activist for over 10 years, and it makes me so happy to see the level headed support there is :) times have really changed. Thank you guys!

You're welcome, There's a great TED conference on YouTube from this guy. I'm not a marijuana smoker but I think society should be open to the debate about the use of this drug. Right now there are much stronger drugs that are legal (but controlled) and are used to treat many diseases; such as opioids for Parkinson's disease. If they don't want to legalize smoking marijuana, they could at least allow the pharmaceutical industry to manufacture products based on marijuana so that people who really need it can live a better quality of life.

Here in México, I think society as a whole would benefit greatly from legalization. The country is stuck in a loop of violence because of the fight between cartels. If the Mexican State or private companies managed the business of marijuana instead, it would be as available as it is today, but the government would be receiving a whole lot of income from it while giving a strong hit to the cartels. But I think it's not as simple as it seems.

Around the Network
ChristianTheAtheist said:
DD_Bwest said:

You're welcome, There's a great TED conference on YouTube from this guy. I'm not a marijuana smoker but I think society should be open to the debate about the use of this drug. Right now there are much stronger drugs that are legal (but controlled) and are used to treat many diseases; such as opioids for Parkinson's disease. If they don't want to legalize smoking marijuana, they could at least allow the pharmaceutical industry to manufacture products based on marijuana so that people who really need it can live a better quality of life.

Here in México, I think society as a whole would benefit greatly from legalization. The country is stuck in a loop of violence because of the fight between cartels. If the Mexican State or private companies managed the business of marijuana instead, it would be as available as it is today, but the government would be receiving a whole lot of income from it while giving a strong hit to the cartels. But I think it's not as simple as it seems.

all medical reasons asside..

the amount of reasons to end prohibition is astounding. it is utterly insane to keep it going.  there is zero rational logic behind it.  Its not achieving anything but putting alot of average people in jail,  making the gangsters that arent extra rich, and having officers assigned to fight farmers when they could be finding rapists or fighting cold cases.

Here in BC we have had some major politicians start speaking out about it, aswell as a former police cheif and head of the VPD drug squad.   He straight up says its stupid,its impossible to fight it, they will never make a dent in supply, and the more gang members they arrest, the more violence they get with people trying to fill the void.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Because you should have a right to put whatever you want into your body. Period.

convince me that something that grows naturally in the fields, that has never ever caused death to anybody, a clean natural drug with not really harmful effect if used correctly, something that has become one of the biggest black markets in the world because of its illegal condition...tell me the benefits of it staying illegal plz

oldschoolfool said:
http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/the-harmful-effects.html ----link. those really look like some magical benefits. I know what people are going to say,that the site is biased,but my point stands. the drug is'nt some kind of magical wonder drug. All it does is tear down society and there's no point in using it. The reason there's so many arrest for possession is because people are stupid,it's that simple. If it's illegal,just don't do it,it's so simple. If you feel the need to ruin your life,then do it in the privacy of your own home. I don't want all these stoners roaming the street. wow!!!! I did'nt know there were so many stoners on vgchartz. lutz!!!!!!

I am sorry about this "personal attack", but I just have to....

Looking at the way you are writing, I am guessing you are a kid under 18, which brings me to my point.

Have you ever played any games or watched a movie with an 18 year old age limit or something in your life. Why did you do it? You knew it is "illegal"...

So if your country's government decided that gaming/burgers/soda/chocolate/sex before marriage/"some other stuff you like" was a threat to society and banned it tomorrow, would you just bend down and take it up the ass just because they said so? If so, I really feel sorry for you and your ability to think and make up your own personal opinions.

If at you least decriminalized simple possession of say up to 30 grams, you would almost instant reduce the prison population by a lot maybe as high 30 percent and reduce government spending on prisons and the costs to houses these people.