By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U pact- Invest in 3rd party on the Wii U in 2014! Less than a week to go, the Pact is coming to an end. - 128 eshop games on clearance this week!

Tagged games:

PacMan and the Ghostly Adventures 2: Rate it

A 8 9.20%

A- 3 3.45%

B+ 6 6.90%

B 8 9.20%

B- 6 6.90%

C+ 11 12.64%

C- 6 6.90%

D 6 6.90%

F 12 13.79%

Other, post below ( extre... 20 22.99%

Total:86

im down for the pact, i want to buy W101 this month buts its still $59.99 up here in canada :( hopefully i can find a sale somewhere. Next month Ill buy tropical freeze

Around the Network

OK, I'm in, but only on a month-to-month basis. If there are no games and no deals worth grabbing in a given month, I'm out.

That being said, I already have January covered: Chronicles of Mystara for $7.50

spemanig said:
Sounds like a challenge... I'm in! I'm a casual gamer and I'm trying to become more "hardcore" by gaming more often.

Will Virtual Console and eshop games count though? Some months won't be a problem for me because there are obvious games I want that will come out in those months, but other months will be more difficult to find something worth buying.

These are games I've already made plan's on getting this year:

- "Hyrule Warriors" (2014)
- Mario Kart 8 (Spring 2014)
- Super Smash Bros. (2014)
- Watch_Dogs (Allegedly March 21, 2014)
- Monolith Soft's "X" (2014)
- Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (March 2014 allegedly)

With more to be revealed and some games that are already out that I still haven't gotten, I may be able to do this.

Still, I also have my 3DS to think about, but my 3DS may be an Indie machine next year since the only "big" games I've planned on getting are Bravely Default and maybe Super Smash Bros. I'm also planning on downloading REvelation's though, since I've ordered the Circle Pad Pro recently. Everything else is Indie. Particularly, Iron Fall and Retro City Rampage excite me.

Oh god, my wallet.

Revelations and Retro City Rampage are great games.

I'm skipping this month and getting DKC:TP next month besides I already got like 4 or 5 games on steam and still haven't had the time to play them :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

bought wii party u, sonic lost world and mario & sonic at a take 3 buy 2 thing a few days ago

Around the Network
snowdog said:
ktay95 said:
1 per month... I didnt even manage 1 in 2013 =(

Really..? You've missed out on a shitload of quality games: Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Wind Waker HD, Wii Sports Club, Sonic Lost World and Super Mario 3D World.

Have you gone INSANE..?!!?!

TOmb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, The last of us, GTAV, gone home, brothers, just to name a few... My point, there's a lot of games worth playing which aren´t necessary wii u's exclusives, the actual insanity is to forbid those pleasures just to follow a religious-like pact with the only purpose to give hard-earnest money to a multi-billion company for charity.

Dream_While_Awake said:
Do they have to be full retail games?

I'll likely end up with 10-20 Wii U games total by the end of the gen. All in one year? I don't have the income to afford that. Plus, I don't think I can find 12 a year that I like.

I don't even have a Wii U yet but still.

I think you can mix retail with download games, thay way your wallet will not be empty evey month. For example, Dr Luigi this month and DKC TF next one, and so on. The idea is to support third parties also, so add an Assassin's Creed IV that is only at 30 on amazon, or go a little back and look for The Wonderful 101 that is also at 30 U$.

Also and OT, I am sooo in, I will post my January purchase picture in a few minutes, as soon as I figure out how to do it :P

Faust said:

TOmb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, The last of us, GTAV, gone home, brothers, just to name a few... My point, there's a lot of games worth playing which aren´t necessary wii u's exclusives, the actual insanity is to forbid those pleasures just to follow a religious-like pact with the only purpose to give hard-earnest money to a multi-billion company for charity.

Religious like pact?  It's not forbidding anything.

I have most of the games you mentioned and also managed to buy 97 games for wii u last year. Is it really charity to buy video games you will enjoy? 

I have ps4/x1 and wii u, I will be spending over 1k in video games this year. I spent over 1k last year between ps3/360 and wii u.

cannonballZ said:
Faust said:

Religious like pact?  It's not forbidding anything.

I have most of the games you mentioned and also managed to buy 97 games for wii u last year. Is it really charity to buy video games you will enjoy? 

I have ps4/x1 and wii u, I will be spending over 1k in video games this year. I spent over 1k last year between ps3/360 and wii u.

My point is you cant play every game out there (time, money, or whatever the reason)... To buy games based on the brand company (like the OP suggest) is fucking sick.

Is it really charity to buy video games you will enjoy?  Nope, as long you bought those games by pure conviction.

PS. Congrats... You have a lot of games, but thats no the point here ¬¬.

Buying the Wii U is enough of a blind leap. Buying some of the Wii U's sketchy/mediocre games is worse... I think I'll stick with Super Mario 3D World and NintendoLand (because it came with my Wii U) for now. I'll buy Pikmin 3 sometime as well.

However, Nintendo has got me locked on Mario Kart 8. When the pre-orders are up for that, I'll be all over it like stink on poop. You betch'a!