By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect's 300 Greatest Games of All Time

Everyone has to pay the Nintendo tax.

Around the Network

Unless I counted wrong, I have played 112 games of that list. I think the only Nintendo franchise that I have never played is Animal Crossing (from popular franchises of course, I will probably never play games like Stafy and obscure stuff like that)

Nintendo and PC gamer

It probably may drop to the 100s, but I like GTAV's spot.

I've played 80 of this list, if I counted correctly. Here's to hoping that all of my favorites rise for the 2014 list. Great job on the thread.

I am free, I am free, it's the sound of peace.

nice list. but I should make a top 50 to submit so I could then complain when games like the lost vikings are no where to be seen

outlawauron said:
Final-Fan said:

I mean, I could surely quibble about the order of some of them, or the absence of others, but I wasn't surprised at the presence of anything but Uncharted 2 in the top 20. 

Why is that? I don't really like reviews, but it's one of best reviewed games of all time and the fan reaction is even better (Uncharted 2 is one of ten best reviewed games averaging 9.6).

I played it, I enjoyed it, but it didn't grab me the way most of the other stuff in the top 20 did.  It's a great game, no doubt.  But for me, it didn't have the special excellence a game needs to be that close to the top of a list of all-time great games.  Maybe I would change my opinion if I played it again.  Or maybe if I played some of the other ones, I'd change my opinion in that way.  But for now, that's what I think. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
outlawauron said:
Final-Fan said:
The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow in the top 20 was Uncharted 2. Great game, but top 20? Whatever. 

That's the only thing that jumped out at you in the top 20?

I mean, I could surely quibble about the order of some of them, or the absence of others, but I wasn't surprised at the presence of anything but Uncharted 2 in the top 20. 

well , that just like .... your opinion man .

critics and gamers loves the game 

and it's in the top 10 not 20  :) 

RolStoppable said:
Scoobes said:
Well, I've played 142 of those games so, I don't think that's too bad.

165 for me, so you are cool. Emphasis on played, not beaten. I couldn't stomach trash like KotoR.

My share of games played increased the closer I got to #1.

That'll be that Nintendo tax

It does make me want to go back and restart OoT again. Never did complete it. Maybe I should get a 3DS

Epic. A picture for every game and proper release date. For 300 games. I'm happy I participated in the voting.

Final-Fan said:
outlawauron said:
Final-Fan said:

Why is that? I don't really like reviews, but it's one of best reviewed games of all time and the fan reaction is even better (Uncharted 2 is one of ten best reviewed games averaging 9.6).

I played it, I enjoyed it, but it didn't grab me the way most of the other stuff in the top 20 did.  It's a great game, no doubt.  But for me, it didn't have the special excellence a game needs to be that close to the top of a list of all-time great games.  Maybe I would change my opinion if I played it again.  Or maybe if I played some of the other ones, I'd change my opinion in that way.  But for now, that's what I think. 

I understand, but I would only put a single game (outside of Uncharted 2) that is listed in the top 20 in my top 50. It works that way for others as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Slimebeast said:
Epic. A picture for every game and proper release date. For 300 games. I'm happy I participated in the voting.

*salutes*

You made sure that TES IV: Oblivion made it into the top 100. Mission complete. ^_^